Sign in to follow this  

New FMF Q2 Pipe

FYI - FMF is coming out with their new/improved Q2 pipe. There is a brief review in this month's Dirt Bike. FMF's website does not have the Q2 listed yet. The Dirt Bike review states that the new pipe is 10% lighter than the original Q, and sound levels well below 96dB!! (like 93dBish) :):p

Price $379 :D but it does have a titanium end cap . :)

So there's another option out there. I know a source that will be doing some independent dyno testing with the new Q2 (but on a KTM and a Honda). I'll report back if and when he has some results.

Just share'n the info. :D

According to an online article at Dirt Rider, FMF will also introduce a Megabomb header sometime this spring. Judging from the picture at Dirt Rider, the "bomb" or expansion chamber is bigger than the current design, which apparently reduces noise levels, and increases power output. Pricing was not given in the article, but somehow I suspect it will cost more than a Powerbomb header. :)

According to an online article at Dirt Rider, FMF will also introduce a Megabomb header sometime this spring. Judging from the picture at Dirt Rider, the "bomb" or expansion chamber is bigger than the current design, which apparently reduces noise levels, and increases power output. Pricing was not given in the article, but somehow I suspect it will cost more than a Powerbomb header. :)

Oh you guys are reading my mind that combo has me drolling. :) That mega bomb looks freaky but I bet it works. I hope they will make it for the drz I have a feeling it will be produced for moto bikes only at first.

Not to hijack the thread but a quick question... So if you buy the silencer shown, it seems to include a midpipe and for a full upgrade over stock all else needed is the header section(and rejet of course)?

Not to hijack the thread but a quick question... So if you buy the silencer shown, it seems to include a midpipe and for a full upgrade over stock all else needed is the header section(and rejet of course)?

From what I've read it doesn't sound like you get any power increase unless you get the bigger header. :)

Yes they are!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4525098919&category=35596

http://www.powersportrider.com/CGI-BIN/ZCATJPG?catpub=OR0205C&catpage=509.00

Looks nice. Doubt it offiers any performance gain over the previous Q model......prolly just a tad lighter and updated styling.

I was talking about the Mega Bomb. I do like the new Q's looks They are quieter than the original Q and 10 % lighter at least that is what fmf claims.