Sign in to follow this  

Why are YZ's Blue, they are suposed to be YELLOW

What year did Yamaha start making their bikes Blue and why did they not stick with Yellow. I am old school and Yamaha YZ's are suposed to be YELLOW!!

Sometime in the late 70's or early 80's, can't remember for sure. They probably switched because they did not want to look like Suzuki's.

Actually in the USA/Canada Yami were yellow until 1982 when Canada went white as like the rest of the wolrd leaving USA as the only yellow Yami. The correct colour was white with the red trim decals!! Sorry :)

YZ's have been about every color in the book. Up to '82 they were yellow and black. Pretty cool, but you can't look like Suzuki. So, from '82 through '90 they were red and white. From '91 to '93 they were white and magenta (pink) :) Then in '94 and '95 they were white and purple with gaudy yellow graphics. In '96 they were blue with white fenders. In '97 they where blue with only the rear fender white. In '98 they went all blue and have not changed since. Rumor has it, Yamaha is changing the colors for '06. I've heard silver and I've heard white. Probably not to yellow and black though. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Here's a link to pictures of all the YZ's going back to '81. YZ Pics

That was awsome!!! I still wish they were Hurricane Hanna Black frames and Yellow Plastic. Why is Suzuki the only one with yellow bikes. Yamaha needs to pick a color and stay with it. Preferably yellow, not magenta and white...yuk.

its amazing how much bikes have changed over the years. I kinda like that white with red forks and graphics. But whats with the pink. Jeez, leave it to the 90's.

Im all about the blue......I had a '94 yz 250 and it was a little feminine.

I hope they stick with the blue.

If they are changing in '06.... It sounds like the Yamaha PWC went through a lot of the same color schemes. Last year they changed the Yamaha Super Jet (stand up watercraft) to black with grey/white graphics. It looks pretty cool. Perhaps they'll go with black on the dirt bikes also.

That was awsome!!! I still wish they were Hurricane Hanna Black frames and Yellow Plastic. Why is Suzuki the only one with yellow bikes. Yamaha needs to pick a color and stay with it. Preferably yellow, not magenta and white...yuk.

One Industries Graphics actually makes a complete late 70's yellow "Hannah" replica decal kit for the '98+ YZ's. I saw one on a bike, but it looked a little goofy with the "corporate" blue frame. If that person painted the frame black, then that kit would have looked SWEET!!

Rich

I like the magenta and white :)

MICKY DYMOND RULES MAN!!! (Remember FOX hot pink bones mx pants and jerseys?) Ahhh the good ol' late 80's! That was back when I was actually fast! LOL

Rich