Sign in to follow this  

Kickstands...pull them off or put them on??

I leave my on for trail riding and take it off for racing. The 2005 WR stand is much better than older ones. It is Alum and folds up higher so it is not as likely to get caught in a rut. :)

I leave my on for trail riding and take it off for racing. The 2005 WR stand is much better than older ones. It is Alum and folds up higher so it is not as likely to get caught in a rut. :)

Does the 2005 fit a 2003? I live my kickstand, for the most part. But it does stick out.....wonder if it's interchangeable with the 2005?

what does highsided mean?

A "highside" crash is when the bike leans toward the ground in one direction, and you fly over and down the higher side of the bike. Think of it as a sideways endo.......... :)

When your racing, dont do it with a kickstand. Maybe desert, but not MX. Get your ass laughed at if you show up to the starting gate sportin' some huge ass aluminum thing coming off the side of your swingarm.

Doug

Get your ass laughed at if you show up to the starting gate sportin' some huge ass aluminum thing coming off the side of your swingarm.

Doug

Until you pull the hole shot not only with a kickstand, but also a camelback, 3.9 gal fuel tank to boot. Then your the only one laughin :)

I do agree it is safer to take it off if you are racing though....

Until you pull the hole shot not only with a kickstand, but also a camelback, 3.9 gal fuel tank to boot. Then your the only one laughin :)

I do agree it is safer to take it off if you are racing though....

Dude if you could pull the holeshot with all that garb I would be laughing my ass off to. But there is NO way that could happen if you were legal!

Doug

Off for racing, stand on hand, get rid of the weight and obstruction. On for woods/trails worth every ounce in conveinence. The 2004 WR250 got the more tucked in aluminum kickstand. It should fit 03-05.

If you are going to keep it on for racing, place a thick rubber strap around the frame and the top of the kickstand as an added safety so it won't come down. KTM comes stock with this set-up and it works very well.

I don't know if I naturally have some way of protecting my kickstand, but I've never got it caught up on anything. Even on the foot wide sand washes with ruts and rocks. I do have a Trail Tech stand, but it is the same as the KTM's and close to the Yamaha's. I love mine, especially for the desert when you, your kickstand, your 3.1 IMS tank, and stock engine are the only things that can get to the top of the hill and there are 250 2-smokes sitting at the bottom in awe. I'm not bragging, but it's happened numerous times. Leave the stand on, so that when you do get to the top of those hills that everyone else can't get up you can leave your bike, walk off in plain sight, and taunt all of them. It's great :) !

Don't race, but on a side note...

Makes a great lift point when you're stupid enough to be riding thru 100 yard 3' deep patches of snow! :p

Cmon - lets just keep going! It's clear for a little while up ahead! :):):D