Sign in to follow this  

DRZ400S Jetting/Exhaust

I just bought a 2003 DRZ400S. My good friend is pressuring me to add major after market equipment such as a James Dean Jet kit, and some bad ass exhaust. He says it will increase performance, allow it to "breathe Better" and would run dramatically stronger. I'd like to know what you folks out there have tried & know to be beneficial after market enhancements. -Billundefined

Congrats on your purchase, no doubt you'll have a lot of fun with it. :) I've only been here a short while myself, but I gotta tell ya, there's a ton of info here, and some really great people who know their stuff. The search feature and the FAQ thread at the top of the page will answer your questions and then some. BTW, your friend was a little off. You need the DynoJet kit for the S (BSR36 carb) not the James Dean (JD) kit. That kit is for the FCR carb that comes with the E model in all states except CA.

As for bad ass exhaust, the full systems from Yosh and Muzzy seem to be the most popular for either the S or the E model.

Welcome...Yeah, use the search tool...over a quarter million posts here I think pertaining to the DR-Z in all its forms. If you can't find the info here you ain't gonna find it anywhere! Read Burned's jetting FAQ and Bronco's Dr-Z FAQ first off. That will answer lots of questions. Some real experts on board here! Good luck! :)