Sign in to follow this  

Jetting a crf250r for socal mx tracks

Is there anybody out there from Southern California that has found a good jetting setup for a 04 CRF 250R? I ride the local Inland Empire mx tracks.

I ride Ridgecrest, Glen Helen and Racetown. I bumped up my pilot to a 42, seems just right! :)

I've run this with the stock pipe and the Dr. D.

Eric Kehoe (sp?) from HRC recommended this change in a MotoRag just after the '04 came out. :)

Is there anybody out there from Southern California that has found a good jetting setup for a 04 CRF 250R? I ride the local Inland Empire mx tracks.

I was cruising the FMF site and they recommend:

Main Jet: 160

Pilot Jet: 42

Needle: STOCK

Needle Position: 3RD

Power Jet: N/A

Air Screw: N/A

Fuel Screw: 2

This is for 0-1,500 ft and 70 degrees. I don't know if this is with stock exhaust or not, but it's probably a good starting point.

I will try the 42, Im usually at Perris, Starwest ans Elsinore. Im getting a bog right off idle when it's cold but it seems to get better when warmed up. Im using the Dr.D pipe. Im thinking about using vp-4 race gas, would I have to change the jetting for that?

GT-

Not that I know from experience, but I've read that the bog you are experiencing off idle could be eliminated by swapping your leak jet (located in the float bowl) to a 55. I've seen several threads here in the forum that talks about this.

Mimafia17