Sign in to follow this  

NW Indiana Riders

Hello, spring is coming quickly and I don't know where to ride around here(NW Indiana) I recently got back into the sport and I have a few buddies that go riding with me, but we are looking for good places to go. We've tried the Badlands, and that was OK, but it was geared more for quads, and we want to do some more trail riding. Do we need to go to the Michigan trails? or is there something like that around us? Any other riders in NWI (Chicago) area out there want to share their secret riding places with us? Thanks :)

HELLO? Nobody rides in NW Indiana? I guess I moved to the wrong place then. How bout some help.

ANYONE? :)

If I had to guess I'd say go to Michigan... Indiana can't compare to Michigan when it comes to riding areas. If you are looking for tracks theres one in Valpo.

I seem to recall a similar thread going on in this forum a while back, you might want to do a couple of searches. :)

Thanks Jason. That track in Valpo is good, but I want more trails than track. I guess I'll plan a trip up north. :)

Hop on the North forum and check with some of the folks in there. There are quite a few from the Kzoo/Grand Rapids area that are always riding... I grew up in Michigan and really miss the Public riding areas...

Thanks Jason. That track in Valpo is good, but I want more trails than track. I guess I'll plan a trip up north. :)

you should also try buffalo rock then, it is probably only a couple hours from you depending where you are at in nw indiana. Buffalo rock is in Ottawa, IL. It has alot of trails and a track

Things are pretty thin in NW Indiana for trail riding.

You could do the harescrambles at Plymouth, or the enduros at Roselawn. For plain ol' trail riding in Indiana, you'll have to go south of 70 to Redbird, Lawerence Co., or Haspin Acres.

Cork44, Buffalo Range (Ottawa, IL) probably 1.5 - 2 hours tops straight west down 80 from NWI. Were out there every weekend if interested. $20 beans to get in for the day, MX track with hella trails/hillclimbs. Once they open for the season it's everyday but Tuesday dawn-dusk. Other then that Fox Valley is in Ottawa as well, not very good in my book though.

Thats about it in Central/Northern IL :)

You'll be pleased with BR each time you head out though :)

Opens April 1st

http://www.hometownmotocross.com/htmxtrackdata/iltracks/ilbuffalorange.html

Oh yeah, Silly me, they have hella nudy bars :):D

One is Grade A :D and the other is..... well not Grade A :p

Kevin, you wouldn't know a good time if it fell outta the sky, landed on your face and started to wiggle :)

Oh yeah, Silly me, they have hella nudy bars :D:)

One is Grade A :) and the other is..... well not Grade A :D

Kevin, you wouldn't know a good time if it fell outta the sky, landed on your face and started to wiggle :p

Hey..... I resemble that snide remark :o As long as I have a beer in me hand I'm happy :D;)

Cork44, Buffalo Range (Ottawa, IL) probably 1.5 - 2 hours tops straight west down 80 from NWI. Were out there every weekend if interested. $20 beans to get in for the day, MX track with hella trails/hillclimbs. Once they open for the season it's everyday but Tuesday dawn-dusk. Other then that Fox Valley is in Ottawa as well, not very good in my book though.

Thats about it in Central/Northern IL :)

You'll be pleased with BR each time you head out though :)

Opens April 1st

http://www.hometownmotocross.com/htmxtrackdata/iltracks/ilbuffalorange.html

Thanks LZBYZ426 That looks like a place I would like to try out. It is probably only an hour from me :D See you there! :p