Sign in to follow this  

How much $$$ do you have in your DRZ?

I was just updating my garage and I am like, "wow!" I can't say I'm suprised, though. I don't think that a month has gone by without me buying something for this bike.

I'm glad the wife doesn't see this.

Oh yeah, Gyro's garage says he has over 1 million CDN in his bike :) . That's only like $3K USD, right?

One little rant: In the garage section, why do people put "zero dollars" down on their mods prices? The guy with eight thousand mods done to his WR has a total of a few hundred dollars on there?

$5k for the bike last September, probably $1200 since then. Don't know when it's going to stop either. TT store and ebay has helped, but I have never put this much money in aftermarket stuff on a bike. Sure is fun though :)

Let's see:

Bike: $5300 incl. tax and license

Scotts stabilizer, BRP triple clamps, protapers: $680

RG3 suspension revalve and new springs both ends: $700

Trailtech computer: $70

MSR Skidplate: $70

MSR Radiator guards: $40

Cycra number plate: $20

Ripping up the desert with one of the best motors out there: priceless.

Absolutely a rock solid performer thus far over 2 years racing in CA deserts. Just about all of it I would need no matter what bike I buy so why spend more? KTM $2K more and Yamaha $1500 more...I love my DRZ.

how much $ ? who cares? I love this bike. :)

ummmm... I put $400 into it recently. But my mods have just begun. I'll get the armor in place then start with the looks.

Well actually, I already did the black side panels, 14/47 gears and the DJ/air box kit. Now, Unabikers, CFC's, Replace deathwings with 606's Ect, Ect

I'm having fun making this great bike "mine". and after all that is part of the fun is'nt it?

I have an entire file filled with receipts but do not have the intestinal fortitude to total same...$ hundreds and hundreds = $ thousands, etc. But I regret not the money or time. Hell, this is fun! And, it keeps me outta the bars! Carry on! :)

Had it since new in Jun 2002.

Bike - $0 (A gift)

Mods that actually cost -

Rad guards - $80

Engine guards - $70

Suzuki Rear Rack - $40 (Second hand)

Hand guards - $30

Rear tyre gripper - $10

CFC Case Savers - $80

Repairs -

Two new rad scoops - $50

Replacement headlight surround - $40 (Second hand)

New front brake lever - $10

New L/H engine casing & gasket - $200

Paint, cable ties & tape - $20

Running Costs -

Tyres, oils, filters etc etc - I'm not going to think too much about that :) .

So about $650 plus running costs - Not too bad really. I'd like to spend much more on it, but that's life :) .

Zero $ in my DRZ because my KX250F, my son's YZ250F, and my other son's CR80 suck every penny leaving nothing for that DRZ I've been eye-ing.

If I had to add it up, probably 9-10K.

But I traded and got parts for deals (I rarely pay retail) so realisticly less than that. I will soon drop another 300 buks on maintenance stuff, and this winter do a 440 so the tab keeps on going.........

Still my favorite bike Ive ever owned........ :)

I stopped counting when I got to $6200. Bought the bike for $3700 which means $2500 additional, although it is now probably closer to $2800 additional as I keep getting little things here and there.

And I still want the ME kit, and Hotcams. Good thing my CRF does not need any go fast goodies like the DRZ...All it ever needs are plastics, grips, brake pads and tires.

MW

Just dropped another $320 at TT store. For me, I refuse to add it all up. Worse, it's not just the DRZ but I have two other bikes too.

Then there are bicycles....

i have way too much in mine. $15k and counting, including the $5k i paid for the bike.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/garage.php?do=viewvehicle&vid=203

i am only waiting on the rear brake rotor and then my sm conversion will be complete. once it's done i will post many many pics, and list the rest of my mods. i figured it's only polite to let bronco stay on the most modded list for as long as possible. :)

after the rotor, i think i'm going to ditch the baja bash guard for a CF one, and look for some RM forks. for now my re-spring E forks are more than enough, i just get "excited" over USD forks.

I'm well into 8K....and done with it.....

Unless I decide to get an fcr or a big bore or.....................................

And as an aside, don't yall think that CRF has been on the top of the "Most Viewed" long enough......I'm happy with #2, but why don't we bump Bronco up to the top, and make the little CRF #3.... :):)

Railroader, I just gave you a quick 20 count on the garage count...... :) Come one everyone, help a will deserving brother out! :)

I vote for Bronco to have the most viewed....not me....I think he deserves it for the constant help and advice he gives over and over. :)

I would like to catch that little crf though....

i have way too much in mine. $15k and counting, including the $5k i paid for the bike.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/garage.php?do=viewvehicle&vid=203

i am only waiting on the rear brake rotor and then my sm conversion will be complete. once it's done i will post many many pics, and list the rest of my mods. i figured it's only polite to let bronco stay on the most modded list for as long as possible. :)

after the rotor, i think i'm going to ditch the baja bash guard for a CF one, and look for some RM forks. for now my re-spring E forks are more than enough, i just get "excited" over USD forks.

That's one sharp looking DRZ. You gotta figure that things cost what they do and if you want your dream to come true, it will cost more than you expect. I have a buddy who restored a '49 stakebed truck & to him $15k isn't even the paint bill. In the end he just has an old stakebed truck which got him a third place trophy in a local meet. What would you like, $15k worth of paint on an ancient truck or your neat DRZ? I think the answer obvious.

What will RM forks do, you think, on your style bike?