Sign in to follow this  

I did it WOOT!! but now I have another Q

:o I just did the dynojet install, 140 main 25 pilot, needle on the 4th clip, fuel screw 2.5 turns out. I must say, it went without a hitch, I am a strong guy, that air boot was no match for me... (ok that was the hardest part) what is the deal with those 4 screws? man they are soft. but it just so happened in my search for the perfect screwdriver to hack at them, my letherman was a perfect fit. I gave them a few love taps and off they came. All in all, two hours total time.

OK, now it started up faster than it ever started and the choke was hardly needed. Warmed it up and off I went. I twisted the throttle like I normally do and almost pooped my pants. Can you say wheelie time!!!! :) Is it supposed to sound different too? I mean it even sounds meaner. which leads to my only concern. Does it sound a bit different off idle? Like what I might think was a slight bog? It is hard for me to tell, it has so much more punch!!! Even if it is a tiny bog, I just want to thank ALL of you guys who have done this before me and took the time to share your knowledge :p:D:D

Thank a million, Pips :)

bumping this to possibly get an answer to the bog question and also if someone could explane the purpose of the fuel screw and what it affects

Is the bog better or worse when the bike is cold? Better or worse when it's warmed up?

The different sound is due to the larger hole in the airbox, I assumed you did the 3x3 mod also. The fuel screw adjusts the amount of fuel going to idle and just off idle. Adjust until you hear slight popping on deceleration.

Is the bog better or worse when the bike is cold? Better or worse when it's warmed up?

To ansewr this question: I am not truley sure if its a bog. And I don't really get on it intell it is warmed up.

DudeWayne The different sound is due to the larger hole in the airbox, I assumed you did the 3x3 mod also. The fuel screw adjusts the amount of fuel going to idle and just off idle. Adjust until you hear slight popping on deceleration

To answer this one, Thanks for the answer on the noise. I did do the 3x3 mod. So, bacicly I want to decrease the amount of fuel from the fuel screw intill I hear a slight pop on decell? I sure don't hear a pop on decell now and fuel screw is 2.5 turns out.

Knowing when the bog is worst is one way to determine if you are rich or lean. If you bog more when it's warm vs. cold, you're rich.

:D I just did the dynojet install, 140 main 25 pilot, needle on the 4th clip, fuel screw 2.5 turns out. I must say, it went without a hitch, I am a strong guy, that air boot was no match for me... (ok that was the hardest part) what is the deal with those 4 screws? man they are soft. but it just so happened in my search for the perfect screwdriver to hack at them, my letherman was a perfect fit. I gave them a few love taps and off they came. All in all, two hours total time.

OK, now it started up faster than it ever started and the choke was hardly needed. Warmed it up and off I went. I twisted the throttle like I normally do and almost pooped my pants. Can you say wheelie time!!!! :o Is it supposed to sound different too? I mean it even sounds meaner. which leads to my only concern. Does it sound a bit different off idle? Like what I might think was a slight bog? It is hard for me to tell, it has so much more punch!!! Even if it is a tiny bog, I just want to thank ALL of you guys who have done this before me and took the time to share your knowledge :p:):)

Thank a million, Pips :D

What kind of carb did you start with for the rebuild? Was it an CCR or the S model carb?

Yeah, I used to have a signature stating my bikes but its gone. How do I get it back?

I have a 2002 400s, pro taper fat bars, CFC case savers, deval (Sp) skid plate, 3x3 airbox (screen removed) dyno jet stage one kit installed per instructions from burneds FAQ's, 14/47 sprockets, Tera flex rear and parelli mt 44 front on the way.

I am just a bit green with the wrench and motorcycles to know all of the sounds. It has way more power its just the sound is throwing me off. I guess I will just have to tinker with the fuel screw. Maybe even try to make it rich and learn what being rich really is.

Also, I was a bit confused with the extended fuel screw thing. I thought maybe it came with the kit oops. Is the seller of it a TT member? where can I order it? (I will search it)

Thanks again, Pips