Sign in to follow this  

Best helmet for around $200?

Im looking into buying a new helmet. I currently have a hjc helmet that is about two years old. THeres nothing really wrong with it, except that is has some wear. My main concern is that is was only a 90 dollar helmet however i think it is DOT and Snell certified. I was thinking, for all the money i spend (and sometimes waste) on dirtbikes and toys, why not have quality protection for my head (you only get one) considering head injuries are serious stuff.

I was wondering if you guys could give me some opinons on good helmets. I want the best possible protection. I was looking in my rockymountain catalog and under a lot of the descriptions it says, snell, 2000, m200d, and other ratings? Which is the best? or highest? im looking to spend 200, but if 250 will make a significant differance, ill splurge for the extra cash.

Also, i want a helmet thats comfortable and will last. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as i am overwhelmed with the many helmets offered. thanks in advance.

I love my KBC. It's light, cool (temp. and color wise), and it's DOT/ Snell approved. I got it at my local Yamaha dealer for $159.99. It's really comfy and strong. The paint doesn't chip or scratch. I've had it for about a year now and there is about two scratches. And there were countless falls involved. By the way, it's the TK-X TORQUE model.

alright, thank you so much for the help. Now, im lookin the teh rm catalog, and there are two different ac-x2's. There is an ac-x2 shifter helmet for 179.99 and there is ac-x2 flat chromium helmet for 224.99 The descriptions are both the same so what is the difference between the two? better paint job? more durable?

look up cernics racing on there

i think the username is cernics1 or somthing..he sells them for 95!!!and like 10 or 15 for shipping

as im looking in the catalog...the hjc helmet is M2000 and DOT rated where at the replica helmet is 2000 rated and DOT rated. Whats the difference between M2000 and 2000. I would assume M2000 is better?

as im looking the have the ac-x2 flat chromium helmet on ebay for 149...brand new. I think im gonna go for that. Thanks poorlilrich for reminding me about ebay. I have to make it a habit to check ebay before i buy anything. I was about to buy this from an actual store.

lol, thats the same guy i was bidding on

Damn 135. How do they do that? I submitted a BO of 145, to be honest, i thought anything lower would be pushing my luck considering how cheap it already was. But yeah, motofit. Im gettin blue. thanks for the replies guys, it was really helpful!

btw, how long did it take for them to accept? i just BO'd about 30 min ago. I made a mistake tho. Ya know how you chose what color you want, well i thought since they "other size available" that you chose the size after you win bid. i shoulda read more closely. There is a diffent auction for each size. I emailed him and "sent seller a message" telling him the deal. Hopefully it wont be a problem. I was on large auction, i need medium.

alright, thank you so much for the help. Now, im lookin the teh rm catalog, and there are two different ac-x2's. There is an ac-x2 shifter helmet for 179.99 and there is ac-x2 flat chromium helmet for 224.99 The descriptions are both the same so what is the difference between the two? better paint job? more durable?

Get the flat Chromium, its what I have. The paint job holds up way better.

Doug