Sign in to follow this  

Mooch Mayhem

I am going. Last year's event was great ! I hope the weather is as perfect this year as it was last year . :)

It looks fun. Awesome they are encouraging Mx bikes as well. However, even with spark arrestor in, I doubt my CRF450 will meet the 90db level.

kzoo,

I am only about 20 minutes from Nashville and might be very interested in coming out. I checked the website but didn't see any specific's on what was needed to ride in it? Is a 90DB sound limit enforced? I have the stock exhaust on my YZ450F and I seriously doubt it would pass anything below 96DB. If I missed the link on the site can you shoot it this way so others can see also? Thanks.

I just looked again and it was right at the top of the page! I see it is $35 to ride, is it a race or just a trail ride? They make it out to be a nice, friendly outing but with a price tag on it like that I expect their to be competition involved.

http://www.moochmc.com/modules/xoopsfaq/index.php?cat_id=1#q11

I rode a Dual Sport that used the same land and this is what I was told by the locals.

The place is private owner, setup for paint ball and mountain bikes. The local Dirt Bike clubs get permission a couple times a year to ride there, but the owner is really picky about if it's too dusty and dangerous, too wet will make ruts, so on. So the main thing is, don't piss off the owner or there won't be any more riding there.

kzoo,

I am only about 20 minutes from Nashville and might be very interested in coming out. I checked the website but didn't see any specific's on what was needed to ride in it? Is a 90DB sound limit enforced? I have the stock exhaust on my YZ450F and I seriously doubt it would pass anything below 96DB. If I missed the link on the site can you shoot it this way so others can see also? Thanks.

I just looked again and it was right at the top of the page! I see it is $35 to ride, is it a race or just a trail ride? They make it out to be a nice, friendly outing but with a price tag on it like that I expect their to be competition involved.

http://www.moochmc.com/modules/xoopsfaq/index.php?cat_id=1#q11

I went last year. The decibel level is checked with a sound meter. They encourage quiet bikes because the trails are next to a state park. I did not see anyone turned away. They just want people to be reasonable. They say that if you have a stock exhaust in good working order you should be OK. My buddy had a CRF 450 with a stock exhaust and they let him ride. The $ 35 fee is well worth the ride . They also had a poker run and gave out plaques as prizes. When you pay your entry fee you also get a ticket and they draw prizes donated by their sponsors. Some of the prizes where: Helmets , plastic kits, bike stands, oils , chest protectors, jerseys, riding pants, gift certificates etc. I won a set of Moose pants for kids that fit my daughter perfectly. The trails where graded in three levels. They ranged from fire-road type to tight single- track with logs, creek crossings, off-camber hills and a small grass track. :)

klz,

Thanks alot for the info. I may just have to go because it is so close!! :) I may even bring the fiancee along and just ride the Green trails since she is still very "green" to riding! Would her TTR-125 be able to make it everywhere on the Green trails? I guess I would have to get her an AMA membership but she needs one of those anyways. Thanks again.

klz,

Thanks alot for the info. I may just have to go because it is so close!! :) I may even bring the fiancee along and just ride the Green trails since she is still very "green" to riding! Would her TTR-125 be able to make it everywhere on the Green trails? I guess I would have to get her an AMA membership but she needs one of those anyways. Thanks again.

She should do OK. There where two ladies that had only ridden once before on TTR- 90s that had a good time. They even had a very short loop for kids only. I think your wife can join the AMA as an associate member for $29. Most ,if not all, of the trails eventually use part of the other trails. She could take the easy trails and wait for you to cross over from one of the harder trails.

I'm very interested in doing this ride. Do you get to ride all day or make just one lap on your chosen loop?

I'm very interested in doing this ride. Do you get to ride all day or make just one lap on your chosen loop?

Sign-up is at 7:00 am. There is a riders meeting, and bike inspection. Trails open up at 10:00 am. You can ride as many loops as you want until they decide to stop you. You don't want to miss the drawings though ! I think we rode until about 3p last year. We managed to get in about 35-40 mi. with a few breaks for snacks/lunch/fluids.

KLZ, thanks for the info. It sounds like a great ride. We will try to make it.

1 wr250f

2 yz250f

1 ktm450exc all from New Palestine IN.