Sign in to follow this  

Dumb Q?? about

I got a 2002 GSXR 1000 front brake master cylinder off ebay. I'm going to use it with a MM 320 Race caliper and disc. Problem is the hose from the remote reservoir to the master cylinder has a hole in it.

Can any type off rubber or polyurethane hose be used as long as the inner diameter is the same? I don't want to use the wrong stuff and have it deteriorate and screw up the master cylinder or caliper.

I tried the local dealer and they will order the stock 3" piece of hose for $10, but I want something longer since I have to make a bracket to hold the reservoir and I still haven't decided exactly where to put it yet.

p.s. sorry for the stupid title, hit submit before I was done

any hose will work.

on a side note,what size is that master?i think its 16mm wich is to big for a motomaster caliper.you need a 13-14mm.

the lever will be rock hard and have no feel if the master is to big.

Thanks for the quick reply Burned,

You're right, it's a 5/8 master cyclinder, so 16 mm. I got it after searching here and reading Denroll's post last summer about using a GSXR mc. Maybe his is from a different year? I'll try it out and if it's too stiff I will sell it on ebay and get something smaller.

I really wanted a VTR mc since the reservoir bracket bolts to the perch making SM to dirt swaps easier, but the last one I saw on ebay went for $65.

i used a vtr master on my motomaster caliper.it worked fine but even a little stiff.

13mm is perfect.13mm is also the size of the stock master.

Dang Eddie you already got 55 out of it and just got started. That thing is going to be a monster! prairiedawg :):):p