Sign in to follow this  

I have 2 questions

I have an 05 crf250r and bought a chain for it but it turned out to be too long. So question #1 is: If I buy a "master link splitter" sorry if I got the name wrong, will this work for me in getting the chain to fit?

Question #2

My suspension is giving me trouble, I've adjusted it and stuff but it still gets incredibly squirrely in certain situations and it also bottoms in the weirdest times, I can be in a whoop section in 4th gear slamming into the sides with no real bottoming affect but a small kicker will bang my wrists up. Anyways I talked to a local pro and he said that when that happened he sent it to Factory Connection and got work done. So I was wondering if this is a good idea.

Thanks,

Tito

Just to offer some advice on Breaking the chain, which will help you, helped me alot!

Once you have found the correct length, and you know how many links you wish to remove, mark them. Then get a metal file, and file away the top of the Pin in the link you wish to remove. File until the pin is flush with the side of the link. Because the link it a strengthened steel a chain breaker willl not be able to push the pin through.

Hope this helps!

Good Luck

James

Kawasaki KMX125 01 - Hopefully Sold!!

Next step WR235 or CRF250X!!!

Because the link it a strengthened steel a chain breaker willl not be able to push the pin through.

Wrong. I actually have a chain breaker but rarely use it. I just find the length I need and grind the tops of the heads off where I want to split it. Then I pry the plate off with a screwdriver. Takes about 45 seconds.

Wrong. I actually have a chain breaker but rarely use it. I just find the length I need and grind the tops of the heads off where I want to split it. Then I pry the plate off with a screwdriver. Takes about 45 seconds.

That was the point I was making, file the head of first, chain breakers will not be able to push through strengthened pins.

I also use the grinding method, But I've seen chain breakers in action and they will push the pin through with out any outside help.... Its a nice thing to have at a track where this is no grinder but im too cheap :)

That was the point I was making, file the head of first, chain breakers will not be able to push through strengthened pins.

You don't have to file the head to use a chainbreaker. :)