Sign in to follow this  

Magura Hydraulic Clutch

I just got the generation ll Magura clutch for my 2005 CRF250R. It appears that a mounting bracket is missing. The only thing in the box was two washers and the unit.

Does the CRF250 clutch mount differently than the CRF450 one. I put the 450 one on my 450 and it had a bracket and went right on. The 250 one does not have the bracket and doesn't seem to fit.

Any pictures of anyone that has the Generation ll on their 2005 CRF250R?

Thanks

Terry

Sounds like you got what I got. I ordered one for my son's CR85, and it's turning out to be more of a project than an install. I'm having to do test fits, measurements, modifications to an existing bracket..... Magura's being nice about it, I just expected a more "worked out" solution.

Thanks for the responses!

Mine will not work with the stock 2005,CRF250R bracket. It's not even close. I will call Magura Tuesday and get a bracket coming. It has to have a mounting bracket.

The only thing the CRF250R clutch came with was two small washers. They may have sent me the wrong unit.

Thanks

Terry

Therapture.

Your slave cylinder is different than mine and the one above. You may have one of the older ones.

The newer ones have a gold cap and new carbon fiber line.

Thanks

Terry

Therapture.

Your slave cylinder is different than mine and the one above. You may have one of the older ones.

The newer ones have a gold cap and new carbon fiber line.

Thanks

Terry

I do have an older one, it came off of my old 450, it was the unit that came with the replacement bracket that was embossed with the "Magura" logo.

The only thing the CRF250R clutch came with was two small washers. They may have sent me the wrong unit.

No. The washers are so you can set the freeplay on the slave cylinder.