Sign in to follow this  

WR250F Break In

Hi Guys

Just wondering what the best way to break-in a new engine on the WR is?

I have been reading through the Honda forum, but people were saying it is diffrent if you want to break a Yam in, is this true.

Which way did you use to break your bike in?

Thanks

You know its weird, normally when you buy a bike you get this strange thing...called an Owners Manual. If you just take two quick seconds to flip through it you'll see they have step-by-step instructions in there on how to break in your new ride. Good luck.

And yes, Honda riders break-in their machines differently than us. They seem to think its normal to fire it up brand new and rev it to the moon for a while. And they wonder why they have so many problems with new bikes.

Doug

Hi:

I broke my 03 WR250F in by riding it at various throttle setting for short durations (15 minutes or so) everyday after work.

When the weekend arrived I then loaded her on the trailer, fired the engine up and let her idle while trailering her for 80 miles down the interstate to my favorite riding area. The 60MPH wind kept her temparature cool. I pegged the throttle after that.

I do not know if this is the best method but after two years she is still running strong (purchased a WR450F yesterady and am planning on doing the same).

Don't forget to change the oil and filter after break in and if you have the Excel rims, sheck the spokes and do a quick check of all of the nuts and bolts.

Chuck

I say warm it up a couple of times than run it as hard as you can without bouncing it off the rev limiter and change the oil. I changed my oil after an hour.

Charles Duett said......

When the weekend arrived I then loaded her on the trailer, fired the engine up and let her idle while trailering her for 80 miles down the interstate to my favorite riding area. The 60MPH wind kept her temparature cool. I pegged the throttle after that.

WHY?

Actually the Honda guys that hammer the bike from the start are better off than the guys that puss around. The rings seat better that way.

I check the bike over, the air filter, loose fasteners, spokes. I ride around the block a couple of times and change the oil and filter.

Its broken in.

Fast break-in, fast bike is not BS.

Actually the Honda guys that hammer the bike from the start are better off than the guys that puss around. The rings seat better that way.

I check the bike over, the air filter, loose fasteners, spokes. I ride around the block a couple of times and change the oil and filter.

Its broken in.

Fast break-in, fast bike is not BS.

Thats what mototuneusa.com prescribes. Previous owner did it to my YZF and, I did it to my 230 when I bought it new.