Sign in to follow this  

Troubled , Recluse

I just had a rekluse clutch installed in my Crf 450 and when it's working properly it's awesome . I'm having trouble with it staying in the the spec it was set at .030 again (second time 8hrs riding) and after three hours riding toady i began to get clutch drag when revving the bike out . It was really bad , Is normal for break in ? I read threw the instruction and they are very vague for trouble shooting . Has anyone had similar problems ? I'm lost :p:):)

You will lose 10k of clearance due to break in and the friction discs compressing.

After the initial breakin, the gap will increase much slower from normal wear.

What do you mean "clutch drag when reving out?"

clutch drag i meen slipping right through the gear . And last time it moved 30t

What was you basket and clutch hub like when you installed the Rekluse? If there is any grooving or notching in the either the hub or basket then getting consistent clutch action will be near impossible since the clutch pack will hang up on the groves...

- Brad D -

From what i can tell it looked fine i didn't see any groves or notches on it

<I read threw the instruction and they are very vague for trouble shooting . Has anyone had similar problems ? I'm lost>

I'm going to try to break this down: you have 30 balls riding on 30 ramps on the pressure plate that squeeze your clutch pack. If that clutch pack is wearing .030" in 8 hours, something is wrong! I would remove the whole unit and go right through those instructions, step by step, again because something isn't right. Double check all the proper spacers are in place and interface surfaces are clean and un-obstructed. While you have it apart, as stated above, I would check the condition of your basket tines. Smooth? Also, your clutch hub as well. Verify the wave spring is located properly and the rotating hub functions properly. Hope this helps :)

Thanks for the advice i will diffinately be doing that ,cause something not right .

I had the exact same problem on my 250f. Every time I would trail ride in a lot of technical sections where the clutch slips a lot, by the end of the day the gap would widen and I would have a LOT of slip. I solved this by setting it up tighter than spec with the two thick plates and I used the motocross springs. So far, six months and no problems. Grabs right off idle and I can also shift into neutral easily. Good luck.

Thanks Hawiian ,

I already had the motocross spring in it , i pulled it all apart yesterday check everything over re-assembled it and tried it again , as you said after reasonable use of the the clutch in the tight stuff it began to slip again . So i done what you suggested and so far so good . I won't have a chance to test it until the weekend hopefully finger crossed problem solved .

call rekluse direct there very helpful, I have two one on a 05crf450 and a 04 crf250X no problem