Sign in to follow this  

SMTS trail ride Newhall to Gorman

EM_rider,

Thanks for the web site completment :)

It would be great if Thumpertalk would start a So. Cal. gps archive along with a few trail photos to give people an idea what the trails are like. How do we do that?

Xfool,

I am interested, now that you offered to help through the tight spots. I have something in common with you, I ride a '89 XT600. Also, I work at Raytheon like palmdaleRider.

I live in Saugus and the bike has plates, but I don't have a permit or license yet.

Xfool,

I am interested, now that you offered to help through the tight spots. I have something in common with you, I ride a '89 XT600. Also, I work at Raytheon like palmdaleRider.

I live in Saugus and the bike has plates, but I don't have a permit or license yet.

Helping thru the tight spots I hope is a given. All willing to give, all humble enough to ask. :)

Xfool,

Where are you stationed at with Raytheon. Maybe you work with my dad. He is out at Magu with Raytheon. His name is Dwight.

For all of us with non plated bikes....Do you think we could go renegade to get gas? I mean I really want to do the ride but I havent dual sported my bike yet :) I am getting a bigger tank soon so I should have enough gas to make it! what do you think?

A possibility is to hide some gas somewhere on the trail. When I use to train for Marathons I'd hide or leave water every 5 or so miles the night before.

A possibility is to hide some gas somewhere on the trail. When I use to train for Marathons I'd hide or leave water every 5 or so miles the night before.[/quote

You scallywag ! 40 lashes for you. LOL :)

A possibility is to hide some gas somewhere on the trail. When I use to train for Marathons I'd hide or leave water every 5 or so miles the night before.

If we could only hide beer every five miles :)

I checked with the Forest Service yesterday for trail conditions. Here is the situation:

The entire Angeles National Forest west of the Rowher Flat ridge line is CLOSED! San Francisquito canyon is washed out, Bouquet canyon is washed out, Lake Hueghs road was reopened last weekend but the rains on Monday washed it out again. All dirt roads and trails are CLOSED, the area has been declared a national disaster and the Forest Service is applying for Federal disaster relief funding to rebuild the trails.

Efforts to reopen the trails won't begin until late March when the rains are over. Earliest possible date is late April but more likely June.

This is really bad news. We will try this again in the spring, so stay tuned.

Meanwhile: The bike is panting in the garage to be let out, please help!

Gas and lunch in Lake Hughes just a little paved road......... Be nice and it should not be a problem. :):)

Just read the post about ANF being closed just one more excuse by ANF to close trails. Do you really think they will do any trail maint ? HA HA HA but they will get Green Sticky money in the mean time :D:D:p