Sign in to follow this  

ttr-250 Exhuast options?

Hey im running a 02 ttr- 250 and i want some zing and pop in my runs. Im hoping to take off the stock pipe, rejet, and place an aftermarket pipe on it to get a little more out of it. But i dont know what pipe will give me that zing but not empty my pockets. I also want to do the same with 01 ttr- 125L. Any Suggestions?

Cody

I run the ProCircuit T-4 slipon. It saves 5+ lbs but is loud. To quiet it down, do not waste $$'s on the quiet core, it sounds stupid. Instead, take the end core out of the stock exhaust, drill a hole in the T-4 endcap, and press the stock core into the T-4 endcap and bolt in. You save weight, save $$'s, and it requires no jetting. For more HP, remove the stock core and rejet.

Also, to save your frame, rather than spend $45-$80 on frame guards, buy some heavy duty clear packaging tape, custom cut it, and stick on where protection is needed. It can be replaced easily when it starts to look ragged.

There is no K&N for the TTR-250, bummer. Anyone out there with recommendations for air filters??

As far as the airbox, avoid cutting into the top or removing the snorkel. I did this on my sons TTR-125 and it is fine. Water gets to the TTR-250 airbox top too easily. Best bet, cut another hole that matches the TTR-250 snorkel, and install another snorkel.

Almost forget, My sons TTR-125 has an FMF Powercore 4 exhaust system on it, saves about 3 lbs and sounds very decent. 15 minute swap out time. Removed snorkel on top of airbox, removed screen between airbox and carb. Installed K&N filter but pricey, $51. Have rejetted and this bike runs very fast for its size. He is ready for a bigger bike but has so much fun on this bike he doesn't want to sell. Weighs 172 with oil and gas now. May replace 17"/14" rims with 19"/16" rims and different sprockets. These mods are identical between the 125 and 125L.

Prices:

$170.99 at Dennis Kirk for the FMF

$50.90 at Dennis Kirk for the K&N (free shipping for both)

$0 for airbox screen and snorkel removal

$?? whatever your shop charges for rejetting.

I have the Big Gun Quiet series with their header. I am pleased with it. It sounds good without being offensive. I opened the airbox at the same time, backed the infamous throttle restrictor out, and also had it re-jetted. Between all of them it livened it up noticeably. For the header/silencer it was I belive about $330.00

http://home.earthlink.net/~dhamblin/TTr250//ttr250sider.JPG

I also added an FMF heat shield to it after buring two holes in sweat pants while riding it to test it.

http://home.earthlink.net/~dhamblin/TTr250/fmfheat.JPG

I run the ProCircuit T-4 slipon. It saves 5+ lbs but is loud. To quiet it down, do not waste $$'s on the quiet core, it sounds stupid. Instead, take the end core out of the stock exhaust, drill a hole in the T-4 endcap, and press the stock core into the T-4 endcap and bolt in. You save weight, save $$'s, and it requires no jetting. For more HP, remove the stock core and rejet.

Also, to save your frame, rather than spend $45-$80 on frame guards, buy some heavy duty clear packaging tape, custom cut it, and stick on where protection is needed. It can be replaced easily when it starts to look ragged.

There is no K&N for the TTR-250, bummer. Anyone out there with recommendations for air filters??

As far as the airbox, avoid cutting into the top or removing the snorkel. I did this on my sons TTR-125 and it is fine. Water gets to the TTR-250 airbox top too easily. Best bet, cut another hole that matches the TTR-250 snorkel, and install another snorkel.

I recently just bought an '03 TTR 250, and it had a K&N air filter on it. Not sure what kind it is, but id check it if youd like.