Sign in to follow this  

Headlight choices "S"

I am finally going to swap out the stock "S" anchor light to get some weight off the front. I have allready swapped the "S" speedo for the "E' odometer. Was thinking about the UFO twin . Any clearance issues on the backside or mounting problems. Also what are some of you guys running. pictures if you have them.

Thanks.

IM000343.jpg

Just put this on last week. Made by UFO.

I am gonna fab a couple extended mount plates to bring it out just a bit further but it fits fine and was only 49$ at my stealer! It is kinda like a haircut....now my ears look big! Gonna do something bout those big blinkys one of these days! O ya....dunno how bright it is as I have not wired it up yet! Been to busy riding in this sunshine we have been having lately!

I've said all along,, the Stock S headlight is the best solution,, IF you really need light. And I've never thought it weighed all that much :)

Those points aside..... I'm going for a three part approach.

No light

Something to get me by on the street, blinkers attached to the shell, easy on/off mounts.. And my Off road HID lights. The Street setup and no light number plate will attach the same way.. simple rubber straps.

The HID's will mount using a 2 piece billet clamp.. That can be installed and removed with out removing the fork tubes.

Plans are still in the works......Guess I should have been paying attention to the aftermarket passable head lights stuff folks have been using :)

Sno,

Which fork protectors are those and where did you get them...I wanna buy a set and ditch my boots...I've seen the other headlight/protector combos but didn't want to go that way but those protectors look like exactly what I want. They look BLUE in the photo...are they?

They are black,, and the standard KTM gurds many have posted about :)

Thanks Bronco....Sorry I've only seen threads and photos of the integrated headlight shell/protectors for the KTM along with the parts list...

Was there a parts list for these ones that Sno has on his? (I'll search)

Since they're in black (and KTM) do you know if they come in white or only black?

I found the parts list...

50301092000 FORK PROTECTOR L/S BLACK `97 $10.78 $10.78

50301093000 FORK PROTECTOR R/S BLACK `97 $10.78 $10.78

5460129000030 FORK PROTECTION GUIDE L/S `97 $3.27 $3.27

5460139000030 FORK PROTECTION GUIDE R/S `97 $3.27 $3.27

0015050203 HH COLLAR SCREW M 5X20 WS=8 $1.09 $4.36

50301090250 CLAMP PROTECTOR GUIDE `98 $6.06 $12.12

0015050163 HH COLLAR SCREW M 5X16 WS=8 $1.09 $4.36

0985050003 SELF LOCKING NUT DIN0985-M 5 $0.23 $2.07

Wish these came in blue or white...Maybe I'll try the UFO kit later

as mentioned in the posts....