Sign in to follow this  

Michelin M-12 REAR Tire/ Ever actually use one?

I'm not trying to start another useless tire thread. :) But I want to hear feedback from anyone who has ACTUALLY USED the REAR Michelin M-12 Intermediate tire. :)

I normally use S-12's in the rear/ M-12 front but have been destroying rear tire on loose rocky terrain prematurely. I've used Intermediates that held up well but the tread depth is normally shorter or shallow on intermediates compared to the S-12 and the M-12 rear looks good in photos but for some reason it seems to get bad feedback. I can't imagine Michelin making a bad tire in a market they should be leading in.

I ran one last season. It works great in loam and soft conditions. It wears good - better than most tires I have tried. It doesn't work so good on hard pack. The track I practice on is mostly hardpack so I probably won't run it again. I will stick with the M12 in the front and MH3 in the rear.

Yea, the tread pattern does look like it should run one direction in a few areas but I would most likely flip it anyway. I bet I'd never even notice. :)

I used it for awhile front and rear. I really liked it except for it being directional. The prices are kinda steep too. I'm a new firm believer in the Kenda Millville. I still use the M12 up front. The Kenda is holding up very good and this thing gets traction in all kinds of conditions. They are fairly cheap and you can turn them around. The first time I used this tire was at the Volunteer Harescramble in Bybee, TN. I was very impressed with the traction this thing got in those mountains! Just my 2 cents!

I love the M12 rear....very good tire, I think it works better than the venerable D756.....except you can't reverse it. But it does last longer than the 756 anyway...so it evens out $$$ wise...

Didn't like the M12 on the rear in the NW mud and slick rock... But worked great in the sandy soil and lava rock of the Eastern Oregon Dez... Flipped one once, did not hook up as well IMHO.

I used it for awhile front and rear. I really liked it except for it being directional. The prices are kinda steep too. I'm a new firm believer in the Kenda Millville. I still use the M12 up front. The Kenda is holding up very good and this thing gets traction in all kinds of conditions. They are fairly cheap and you can turn them around. The first time I used this tire was at the Volunteer Harescramble in Bybee, TN. I was very impressed with the traction this thing got in those mountains! Just my 2 cents!

Yea, I have a Millville on my WR400. Great tire if you don't mind the fact that it's HEAVY. The weight of the 110/100/18 Millville was 13.5 Lbs. vs. the Michelin S-12 130/80/18 at 11 Lbs. :) On my WR250 2.5 pounds is a lot. That Millville is also has the absolutely stiffest carcass I've ever felt. You can run it with like 5 psi no problem. I'm not beating it up just describing it's construction. Good grip, awesome in the woods or trails on terrain that might rip or cut up other tires. I just wonder if it would be a bit stiff for racing applications because it has zero sidewall flex. Did I mention it's heavy?

dd

I had one and didn't care for it. It seemed to step out sideways very easily on hard pack surfaces but worst of all it seemed to be unpredictable. I replaced it with a Dunlp 756 and it is a much better tire IMHO. It does wear quickly so my next tire will be a Maxxis IT since they are supposed to wear like iron.