Sign in to follow this  

Michelin M-12 REAR Tire/ Ever actually use one?

I'm not trying to start another useless tire thread. :) But I want to hear feedback from anyone who has ACTUALLY USED the REAR Michelin M-12 Intermediate tire. :)

I normally use S-12's in the rear/ M-12 front but have been destroying rear tire on loose rocky terrain prematurely. I've used Intermediates that held up well but the tread depth is normally shorter or shallow on intermediates compared to the S-12 and the M-12 rear looks good in photos but for some reason it seems to get bad feedback. I can't imagine Michelin making a bad tire in a market they should be leading in.

I have used it a couple of times. It seems to wear better than the S-12 but doesn't get as good a traction as the s-12 in soft to intermediate. I rode with it mainly at St. Joe and liked it, but like the s-12 better for racing.

The M12 is directional so you won't be able to flip it, if that's important to you. I tried one in a very rocky area once and it stuck pretty good but it really didn't last any longer than the S12 I've used there before and since.

It rips in groomed or loamy areas. It's not so good here in So. Calif rocky dry desert type riding, the sharpe rocks here shred the knobs right off.. I found it was a better tire for me after it wore down some as when new it was very unstable in turns.. So far my favorite is Dunlop 756 front and Pirelli MT-18 rear....

SoCal

Wahey, at last I can add some feed back instead off just taking knowledge off everyone :)

I've run M12's on my XR250 for about 6 months and it was great, did not see too much damage from rocks, I now have one on my 400exc and it seems to be taking punishment ok.

Most happy with it and will fit another when it wears out. :)

Steve

I run S12 rear M12 front have tried the m12 rear a few times real good when new in the right cond. but when worn some traction drops off . I've fond the S12 hooks up till thier done my 2cents worth :)

Jeb, don't post unless you know what your talking about..I'm Tired of reading your semi-knowledgeable, misleading tirade. If you don't have any real, first hand experience, all's your doing is distributing misinformation. Back away from the keypad and ride sometime..

&%$#@!? I'm not sure if you're just baiting me or just didn't read my post but I said I did use an M12 once and I gave my experience based on that. I completely destroyed it in 4 days of riding. :)

Originally Posted by tirebiter

Jeb, don't post unless you know what your talking about..I'm Tired of reading your semi-knowledgeable, misleading tirade. If you don't have any real, first hand experience, all's your doing is distributing misinformation. Back away from the keypad and ride sometime..

:) Probably just some guy from the red or blue forums - if you spend any time on those forums you will see that this is how they all treat each other most of the time. :) Kinda sad too because it seems like more and more of the world gets this way everyday. ;):D:D:D:D:thumbsup::D:o:p

More than likely....I don't post much, but when I do, I try to help folks based on experience, not some second-hand ego gratification, post count number...

Could it be you're the one with an "ego gratification" problem? I never talk about post counts or consider it to be over important. Why do you?

If you have some problem with my posts, why don't you just be up front about it and discuss it in a non-confrontational manner instead of dishing out insults? Or just ignore them. I'm certainly not trying to aggravate anyone here.

In this case, it's really hard to understand where you're coming from since I do have first hand knowledge of the subject.

I dont post much either because I am lasy,

I really appreciate Jeb's posts and find them well written,informative and he never comes across like an donkeys rear.

If he has made a mistake on something(not perfect?) I forgive him.

I agree about the m-12 not being that great of a tire.

I don't post much, but when I do, I try to help folks based on experience, not some second-hand ego gratification, post count number...

dude, &%$#@!? jeb's post was, in fact, first-hand experience.

fwiw, i don't have first-hand experience with the m12, but for rocky dezert conditions most folks around here (including me) are very pleased with the maxxis IT.

Right.

And XR650R's are air cooled..

:):D

:D Wow, that's a really valuable contribution to this conversation, thanks for the insight. :):p

This posts and posts like it are why I'm spending less and less time on TT. Attack posts with little or no focus on sharing information are becomming too common. I'm going to try the "ignore member" function, but tighter moderation would also help.

I'm going to try the "ignore member" function, but tighter moderation would also help.

i use the 'wetware' ignore function. i just don't read stuff that i don't feel like reading. it works much more effectively than any moderation. the same feature also works pretty well for crying babies, biatchy girlfriends, and a variety of other annoyances.