Bought my daughter a DRZ125 today.. questions...

Ok.. this is an 03.. DRZ125.. not the L..

Anyway.. the guy told me they just changed the oil in it and pointed out where to check the oil level on the side. I started the bike and all while I was there.. and when I came home.. I was looking over everything and I looked at that oil window. There is a F line.. and a L line.. I could see a tiny bit of oil in the window at the very bottom!!!! So.. I am assuming something is wrong.. either they didnt put enough in, or there is a leak...

I assume.. when I look in that window.. it shoud be all oil.. correct? Now.. I started it and let it run for about five minutes.. held it level.. and nothing changed!

I was going to be safe.. and drain the oil (if there fricken is any in there) and refill it up.. just so I know it is ok. However.. the book says to use Suzuki Performance.. yadda yadda yadda.. All I have right at this moment is some oil for my YZF250.. It is Yamalube.. SAE 10W-50.. semi synthetic 4-R.. Is this ok to put in it.. or shall I wait until monday and buy some of the Suzuki???

Thanks for your help and input!!!

When reading the oil level you will either have to pull the bike upright (get it off the side stand) with one hand or have someone stand it upright for you. If you look at the sight glass while it's on the side stand you probably won't see any oil. If you don't see any with it upright then you need to add some. Hope this helps. ?

Well.. yeah.. that is what i did. Stood on the side.. held it upright.. and.. not much in the window. I just talked to the guy I bought it from.. and they assured me they put in 1 qt (which is what the manual says).

I am have drunk right now.. so.. I'll prolly go out and drain it into a clean measuring cup.. and make sure..

Okay my bike has the same problem. The reason is that u must be chaking the oil when it it cold. Warm up the bike For like 2 mins. Then put the bike up-right the let the oil make its way, and it should be anout at the full line. I thought my bike was leaking too. So i put in like 1/4 more of a quart and now i have way too much oil. But then realized that these bikes need to be warmed up befor u chek the oil.