Sign in to follow this  

yz250f quiet pipe????

I'm thinking of getting a new yz250f . I have wierd neighbors (dont like loud dirt bikes :) ) and wondered what the quietest pipe there is out there is? or is there a cheeper solution like an end cap for the stock pipe? the quieter the better .any help would be aperciated :)

I would suggest a FMF Q pipe. Power is about stock, but they are about $350 w/ header and $250 without. If you don't mind sacrificing power, Pro Moto Billet makes a Q endcap for about $30. I've never riden a bike with one, but I'm sure that you will sacrifice a lot of top-end with one. If you have the money, I would suggest a FMF Q, but if you don't, a BMB endcap will get your bike plenty queit for those pesky neighbors. If you go for the Q, check eBay first. They usually have a cheap one listed.

Two questions how quiet do you want to go and do you want to lose power and change jetting? The FMF Q is around 96db +/- 1. You could always get a stock WRF exhaust from someone with the GYT-R insert which is some where from 90db-93db or go with the stock insert which is like a pencil sized opening and is 82db or 86db cant remember which. Steve.

the pro moto billet end cap that is $35 is for the wr.does any body know how many db's the wr pipe puts out? and how badly would the wr pipe choke the proformance?I'm not too worried about loosing topend too much because it is just going to be used for trails and some small jumps.