Sign in to follow this  

warranty

just brought home new 05 450 about an hour ago, guess what it came with a 42 month warrenty.. yes i know some of u are saying naa.. but it actually says crf 450 and cerial number 42 month warrenty for 700 $$ :)

3rd party waranty eh? Whats it cover? Any exlusions such as brakes, chains/sprockets & clutches?

Does it cover valves, crank, transmission, h20pump, chassis bearings, shock, forks?

it covers such things as motor,trans thins like that brakes,tires things like that it dont cover.. its a honda warranty plan dunno im sitting here reading the paper

I just got my 05 and the dealer was offering the same thing, only a 12 month or a 24 month. Around 300 to 400 beans.

It covered the entire engine and internal suspension parts. Seals, bearings, tires, brakes, etc not covered.

I opted not to get it. hopefully it won't come back to bite me.

42 months might be a good deal. Betcha you go thru at least one if not more sets of valves in 42mo's. Now, if its a honda plan are they going to hold you the the factory service intervals? Remember they say service interval for a piston is like 15hrs. But then how would they know how many hours you have on it unless you tell them?

they will be calling you to refund the money.im pretty sure they are not supposed to sell that to bikes that come with no warranty to begin with.

you should call and find out now,instead of it being a cluster when you try to make a claim.

i cant wait too ride it.. its like 20 degrees here i rode it around the parking lot feels nice... feels realy skinny

yep you got boned, honda motorcross bikes have a 30 day warrenty. That extended warrenty you bought is thrid party and not through honda. You should have flush your $700 down the toliet, at least you would have got to see it swirl around and round before it went down.

honda motorcross bikes have a 30 day warrenty.

As far as I know, all Honda motocross bikes (X included) have a zero day warranty. You buy it, it's yours.

As far as I know, all Honda motocross bikes (X included) have a zero day warranty. You buy it, it's yours.

Right you are sir...ALL manufacturer's competition off road dirt bikes come with ZERO days warranty. I'm unsure about the X though. I'll check and report back.