Sign in to follow this  

Confidence...shot...

Hey guys, I went out to the track today... I had plans of clearing a 95ft camel back, it had been my 2nd time to ride since october [broken arm&surgery]

Anyways, I went out there, and I felt like i had NO confidence... The last time i rode i was hauling but and jumping everything out there... Today I was just skared... I have never been scared @ a track before... It happend to be the first jump i hit, I over shot by 10 ft and flat landed hard... But that was on the 3rd lap... Even before that I was scared...

So... I rode around and finnaly just jumped a 65ftt step up, and after that, it was like I never was scared at all!!??! And i rode about flying in the air happy as could be....

Anyways, just thought id share my story, I guess you can come out to the track and just not be the same...

-Zak

A small members only track in Hallsburg[just out side of waco] Called Waco Eagles.... Exxxtreem hard pack... but good practice track, its in horrible shape 24/7... So if you go out there, and ride fast, you can go to any preped track and ride real fast... All the faces on the jumps are un even... You learn you balence the bike out real fast and your reaction times are faster after riding there for a while... Alot of breaking bumps... whoops are tall and steep and also uneven...

Needles to say I'd rather ride at better tracks, but they all cost alot to ride @ and are along way away... membership is $100 a year... you ride for free anytime you want, other then race days...

Price is right for shure!

-Zak

Nope, I'll make it out there sooner or later...

I'll tell you If i plan on riding there, btw I think you left caps lock on :)

Yeah, I know what its like to have your confidence shot. You feel like you suck, I hate it. Normally always happens when I havn't ridden in a long time or I'm coming off an injury and I thnk about how bad it would hurt if I did the same thing again. You eventually get over it though and back to normal.

Doug

Yeah, I know what its like to have your confidence shot. You feel like you suck, I hate it. Normally always happens when I havn't ridden in a long time or I'm coming off an injury and I thnk about how bad it would hurt if I did the same thing again. You eventually get over it though and back to normal.

Doug

Yeah I hadnt riddin in 3 weeks... but as soon as I hit the step up it all came back to me :)

Well im racing there tomorrow... D or C class... we'll see how that goes... I will be running Masking Tape numbers...hehe