Sign in to follow this  

smokey mountain park riding areas?

Want to include this area in a family vacation, and of course, bring the bikes. Can anyone provide a clue for cabin rentals, loding, etc.? Thanks!

There is no riding in the park. However, there is a lot of good places to ride near there. I've heard Coal Creek (other side of Knox) is awesome. 72000 acres! Go on line and do some searches in the Gatlinburg / Pigeon Forge / Towsend areas (Townsend is a lot less croweded and more real "smokies".)

the smokies are a tourist trap, traffic, traffic, traffic. look at the big south fork. lots of riding nearby and way fewer people.Bill

Also, if you want to avoid the "commericial smokies", do a search on the coal creek riding area. 72000 acres of riding!!! It is near Oak Ridge, TN and I'm sure there are accomodations available - especially if your vacation is going to be mostly riding and very little sight seeing.

Thanks. I've got a feeling it will be the other way around. I really want to find a nice cabin on a lake somewhere if possible. I've found a lot of info on Coal Creek, but not much yet on surrounding areas.