Sign in to follow this  

Revloc vs. Rekluse autoclutch

Ok you guys know my story with stuggling with selling My XR4........Well after cleaning off my bike today and noticed a big problem with my Eldlebrock carb, bent pumper rod :lame: have to send it to edlbrock next week for repair :p:D anyway that's not the reason for this post.

After tearing the bike down and considering everyone response's RE: me selling my bike for an X........I'm thinking just dumping some more $$ in the XR4 instead of dumping a lot more in a new bike :D

Sooooo with that being said and the bike torn apart anyway I'm gunna put in a autoclutch, which one is better and easier to install Revloc or Rekluse :o

I await your wisdom ;):D

2nd....steering dampner's WER or Scott's :)

3rd....the power now thingabob......does it work with the pumper carb :D ......does it work at all :D how much is it if it works :) web site say's nothing :thumbsup::thumbsup:

sorry guy's just want do this stuff while the bike's apart :cry::lol::D

PUMP ROD

If you pressure wash your bike or have rode in the mud to where your bike was caked, then perhaps water and or dirt could have been trapped inside the rubber boot that covers your pump rod. You'll know if your rod is corroded inside. The Edelbrocks with the 'black' boot were more prone to corrosion and I think Edelbrock addressed this with a change in materials and or process, etc. The pump linkages that are less suseptible to corrosion have a brown colored boot. The good news is Edelbrock will likely fix your bent pumper rod for free even if your carb is a couple years old :)

AUTO CLUTCH

I chose the Rekluse z-Start over the other products on my 650R's for many reasons.

1) Easy install

2) Good engineering

3) External adjustment

4) Clutch perch option allows clutch lever to still function

4) Good customer support

6) Price

7) Money back guarantee

8) Lots of positive feedback on many forums (search CRF, YZF/WRF & KTM forums here on TT)

POWERNOW

I don't believe there's a Power Now made for the Edelbrock, but you could probably make one yourself if you're creative and don't mind doing a little fab work. If making one interests you, then see this link for more details... http://www.thumperfaq.com/avnow.htm As for whether it works or not, you'll find people on both sides of the fence. It's probably more effective on some bikes & configurations than others, so don't expect great results just because somebody else says it worked well for them on a different make/model of bike or a bike that's configured differently than yours.

STABILIZER

I'm sure WER is a good stabilizer, but I just can't get by it's looks or its lack of on the fly adjusability, etc. Also look at GPR & RTT stabilizers in addition to Scotts. I have a Scotts, GPR V1 and GPR V2 on different bikes. They each have advantages and disadvantages. The GPR V3 will soon be coming out and that will have on the fly 'remote' adjustability, so if you can wait a little longer, that may be worth further consideration.

I'm not sure there is a Z-Start available for the XR4.... :)

I have heard of an EFM auto clutch in and XR4 though.

I have both the Z_Start and the Revloc. I like the the Z better because it has a much smaller "neutral." With the Revloc in our KTM520 on a steep hill, it is difficult to keep the throttle at the right spot to just sit there.. You are either rolling backwards or wheelying up the hill....

RH

Good Man! :)

1. I've got the RevLoc. You must reuse the hub/core of your current clutch, but if you send it to them, doesn't cost you any $$. Pretty easy swap. I didn't do the install on my bike. Living in Denver, and that being the home of the RevLoc, the owner actually installed mine for nothing to show some shop guys how to do it. :) The Rekluse I don't know anything about except you don't need to reuse the hub/core, has an external adjustment, and costs less. I don't think they have an application for the XR4, though. (Probably should have said that at the top).

2. I've got a Scott's dampner on my 450 EXC. Very nice accessory. Takes the worries out of sand/rocks. I've got nothing negative to say about it except to make sure you have the perch securely fastened to your steering stem or else it does nothing. The Scott's is located on your handle bar and has adjustments. The WER is on your front fender and has no adjustment capability. Plus, you may have to 'customize' your headlight plastic.

3. Don't know squat on this thingamigig.

Thanks, guys you answered all my ??? :o

I'll keep you posted on my progress :) Re: the pumper rod yeah I was riding in lot's of mud at least It didnt bend until the trip was over......It bent when I tried to start it when I got home ...the mud that got in there must of harden up and broke the plastic retaining ring and bend the rod :p At least that's good new's that maybe they will fix it for free :D

Its looks like I'll get the Rekluse and hold off for the GPR V3 :D

Many Thanks ;):)

KEVXR416,

The pumper arm on my Edelbrock bent a little over a year ago while riding in Baja. Caused the bike to rev out real bad. We were able to pull the carb and bend the arm back to as straight as possible. We did all of this at about 11PM on the hotel porch with a flashlight (the town's generator turns off at 10PM). When I got home I pulled the whole arm and sent it in to Edelbrock. They sent me their new updated pumper arm for free.

KEVXR416,

The pumper arm on my Edelbrock bent a little over a year ago while riding in Baja. Caused the bike to rev out real bad. We were able to pull the carb and bend the arm back to as straight as possible. We did all of this at about 11PM on the hotel porch with a flashlight (the town's generator turns off at 10PM). When I got home I pulled the whole arm and sent it in to Edelbrock. They sent me their new updated pumper arm for free.

Thanks BAJA, I calling them today Ill let you know what they say :)

Thanks BAJA, I calling them today Ill let you know what they say :)

Called Edlebrock today they said no prob. send the carb. back and they will update all the Rev. they have done to it since I bought it N/C :D I have one of the originals with the machined bowl instead of cast, the carb. is gunna be like brand new :) I tell ya what great service you just dont find that these days :p A no. one company I thought I was gunna have to fight them tooth and nail ;):D:D:o