Sign in to follow this  

150 in 125 class

I got an Arenacross race comming up and my 150 is in the 125 class and i think i'll be crapy. Has anyone ever raced their 150 in the 125 class and how do you think i'll do? :)

you made 2 posts about this now. unless you're a prodigy, you'll get smoked. idk about the 85 rules, but why don't you qualify for the 85 class?

I can't race in the 85 class because CMRC rules are 100cc to 250cc 4's are in the 125 class. I have some chance and i have raced a KLX 300 and beat it.

you are gonna get smoked. comparing at klx300 to a modern 125 or 250(4) mx bike is a big difference.

i think thats pretty dumb having anything the little 125 and 150's run with the 125 class. :)

edit: oh and i forgot, i had a friend try to ride a few mx races in the 125 class with his crf230, he just couldnt keep up.

Because you are asking this, I am guessing you have never raced.

First and foremost enjoy yourself, have fun. Racing is a ton of fun

Reality. The 85cc beginner class will lap you maybe twice.

If they have a Beginner/Beginner class. I mean a class for real beginners. Enter that class. To race your 150 in the 125 class, will be a huge disappointment to you. The suspension alone will wallow on the track.

What ever you do remember to have fun.

you are gonna get smoked.. :)

edit: oh and i forgot, i had a friend try to ride a few mx races in the 125 class with his crf230, he just couldnt keep up.

He couldn't keep up because it's a TRAIL BIKE, NOT a race bike!

If the guy wants to race a trail bike, who cares anyway?

Race the sh*t out of it man! Have fun! We're rootin' for ya!

Yeeeeehaaaaw!!

:p:D:):D:D:D:D;):o

Yeeeeehaaaaw!!

:p:D:):D:D:D:D;):o

I never said he shouldnt race, just sayin not to expect to be real competitive. Hell even i would race my 230 just for fun, id prolly end up hurting myself but Id prolly try it once :thumbsup: good luck with your races :)

Yeeeeehaaaaw!!

:D:D:o:):p:D:D:);)

thank god for some one finally saying something positive, i would have pooed my pants if i herd that b-4 my race.

Thanks guys i feel better now that I got some positive stuff and I will race my 150 for fun this year and my mom said i'll get a bigger bike next year so then i can really race :)

Right on kid! Go out and have fun. Don't worry about how or where you finish. Just have fun and do the best you can. Racing on your current bike will give you experience, and get you ready for your next bike, which no doubt will be way more than your 150.

Remember to tell us about your racing experience. We're looking forward to hearing all about it!

:)

Thanks guys i feel better now that I got some positive stuff and I will race my 150 for fun this year and my mom said i'll get a bigger bike next year so then i can really race :)

Hey CRF150,

I read all these post and I'm assuming you are a beginner. Welllllllllll, I guess some of these guys have a good point in that, "You'll get smoked!" :) hehehe, but so what. It sounds like a blast and actually, you'll probably have a better time racing because the pressure is off. I would look at it this way. If someone passes you, WELL THEY SHOULD HAVE!!! They have a race bike.

BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT, if you somehow beat a few of them, trust me, everyone on this post will agree you are a better rider then those guys because they really don't have any reason to not beat you except that they suck!

Hey, don't let everyone get you down. You'll be fine. You'll just have to work a little harder than all of those guys with all the cool bikes and all the cool gear. It's easy if your bike is perfect and you have a ton of cash (from mom and dad) to go racing. It takes a better rider to maneuver a 150 around the track.

Last note, don't even second guess not getting a CR80 or a CR125 instead of the CRF150. Riding the 150, because of 4 stroke engine, it will force you to learn to ride better. You'll learn to carry more speed in the corners (a.k.a Bubba Stewart) instead of speeding into a turn, come to a dead stop, pivit, and then rocket out, which all your 2 stroker riders do. You really can't do that on a 150. Those guys never really learned how to turn. You, however, will.

Then when you get a big bike, you'll be pulling several seconds a lap on everyone. If you don't believe me, ask any pro racer where they try to makes up time. They won't tell you the straights or jumps. Any monkey can do that. They will tell you the turns.

The head ref said that he will let me go in the 80 class butttttttttt only if i do bad in the 125 practise. So should i not try in the practise to make sure I get into the 80 class.

So what should I do?

ride sucky in practice and your first race. get the feel for racing, and get an average placing. then, turn the heat on in the second race and smoke them all :)

ride hard man! have fun dude i rootin for ya! show them 125s who realy is boss,and whne you cross that finish line for first place make sure you smile big on that potium! good luck man,tell us how u did :)

Yeeeeehaaaaw!!

:o:D:):):p:D;):D:D

Uhh, he asked them if they thought he would be able to even be competitive, all they did was answer.

Hey CRF150,

I read all these post and I'm assuming you are a beginner. Welllllllllll, I guess some of these guys have a good point in that, "You'll get smoked!" :) hehehe, but so what. It sounds like a blast and actually, you'll probably have a better time racing because the pressure is off. I would look at it this way. If someone passes you, WELL THEY SHOULD HAVE!!! They have a race bike.

BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT, if you somehow beat a few of them, trust me, everyone on this post will agree you are a better rider then those guys because they really don't have any reason to not beat you except that they suck!

Hey, don't let everyone get you down. You'll be fine. You'll just have to work a little harder than all of those guys with all the cool bikes and all the cool gear. It's easy if your bike is perfect and you have a ton of cash (from mom and dad) to go racing. It takes a better rider to maneuver a 150 around the track.

Last note, don't even second guess not getting a CR80 or a CR125 instead of the CRF150. Riding the 150, because of 4 stroke engine, it will force you to learn to ride better. You'll learn to carry more speed in the corners (a.k.a Bubba Stewart) instead of speeding into a turn, come to a dead stop, pivit, and then rocket out, which all your 2 stroker riders do. You really can't do that on a 150. Those guys never really learned how to turn. You, however, will.

Then when you get a big bike, you'll be pulling several seconds a lap on everyone. If you don't believe me, ask any pro racer where they try to makes up time. They won't tell you the straights or jumps. Any monkey can do that. They will tell you the turns.

I have to agree with becoming a better rider being on bikes like the 150. I started out on a XR100 and quickly learned that if you wanted to do any jumps you had to downside them perfect or youll have broken spokes so I learned to be really good at jumping and have good form. Next I got the CRF230 and with it being so heavy it helped me force the bike into corners. And now Im on a 250f its all coming together.

The head ref said that he will let me go in the 80 class butttttttttt only if i do bad in the 125 practise. So should i not try in the practise to make sure I get into the 80 class.

So what should I do?

Maybe it's just me, but I would never come in Fake. Ride as well as you can, and if you blow them away, so be it. Take a shot at the bigger bikes if you want, but don't be suprised if you can't hang. Keep in mind that if your skills are there, you will need to improve you bike. Some people would be happy just to place, but if you didn't earn it...It's not really that great.

Hey kid, Don't try to sandbang it. Ride to the best you can. You'll feel much better about yourself. Besides, if you beat someone on a 125 2-stroke, trust me. You'll be on top of the world. It's the rider, not the bike.

Hey, here's a funny story for ya.

This weekend, I was out at Hollister. I jumped on the TT track. It's basically a fast 4 turn flat track course. No jumps. In top gear, my 150 is slow. So what happen? I knew I could pass or even make time on straights without blowing up my bike. Fine. Sure enough, I smoke some guy on a Suzuki RM400. Result? Well, he was a slug, but I passed him IN THE STRAIGHTS!!! To give him the benefit of the doubt, it was at the end of the straight and I waited to the last second to brake (actually I didn't really brake at all), but my point is this. It's not the bike. It's the rider.

Ride that 4 stroker in to the ground. You'll be a much better rider than your buddies with the expensive looking 2 strokers. After a while, you'll notice your friends can jump better, but they can't turn. Riders of today never learn how to turn; they just jump. They look good, but you'll have better lap times.

ya, on my second race ever I got a 7th place (out of 22) on my ttr125 in 85sr. Go for it, if you dont do good you will have an excuse, your riding a trail bike. Good luck man.

P.S. Dont feel bad if you beat those snotty little mini racers and there dads come and bitch at you (for cheating with a 4stroke).