Sign in to follow this  

How much HP

How much horse power do you think I got in my CRF 150 with a BBR rev box, UNI air filter, baffle removed, snorkle removed and cut out parts in air box, and correct jetting? What els can I do to get more power with little $? I was also thing of putting spacers in the carb. :)

thats pretty sweet, seeing my ttr has like 7 h.p. stock. didnt know that 25 cc got me 5 h.p.

either you're getting lied to, or honda has a great motor for 150 cc

ooh you must be pushing a lot with those mods, maybe 12 h.p?

any one else think he is a total a$s hole????? anyone....come on.....anyone?

he's just ask'n a question, dude my little lawn mower puts out 5hp. :):p:)

i dont think that ur getting much more than stock horsepower, maybe 1 or if u like to push it 2. the rev box if im correct doesnt give u more hp it just eliminates the stock rev limit. and the airfilter doesnt give you much, uncorking it is where ur getting the most so thats why i say 1-2 more. to get more hp you could spend the money for an exhaust system, its not really worth the money if ur just talking about hp. i dont kno if it really boosts hp but ive heard of a lot of people getting new sprockets. u could look into that if u would like

any one else think he is a total a$s hole????? anyone....come on.....anyone?

he's just ask'n a question, dude my little lawn mower puts out 5hp. :p:lol::)

dont see you giving your input, just commenting on mine. if you dont have anything nice to say, shut up. :)

well, what do you think hes putting out for h.p.?

xr100.com has a few dynos to show their gains with 175 cc bore kit. The base dyno is "stock, properly jetted with snorkel removed", essentially what you have done. The rev box does not change timing curve, only allows 11K RPM limit. You may think you feel more pull due to the higher revs, but the cyclinder head has gone to sleep long before-

Id say on a perfect day you are making 12 hp.

firt of all the bbr rev box will alow you engine to over rev causing valve float. this will destroy your motor. be carfull with this. stock motor make around 11 hores power. big bore kits will give around 15 hp. stroker motor and bore will get up near 20 hp. of course with proper carb and jetting and exhaust.

firt of all the bbr rev box will alow you engine to over rev causing valve float. this will destroy your motor. be carfull with this. stock motor make around 11 hores power. big bore kits will give around 15 hp. stroker motor and bore will get up near 20 hp. of course with proper carb and jetting and exhaust.

I dont doubt seriously prolonged over rev can damage the valve train. That said I have had the rev box on a 230F for months- and as much as everyone wrings that little buckets neck nothing has happened. :)

I dont doubt seriously prolonged over rev can damage the valve train. That said I have had the rev box on a 230F for months- and as much as everyone wrings that little buckets neck nothing has happened. :)

go ahead, scream ur engine over 9,800, that will cause ur valves to float. (smack the top...duh) that can be very nasty :)

as for his orig. question i'm think'n any where from 10-12 hp. I dont know, i have a 230.

Everyone has those rev boxes on there bikes, so if it were that bad no one would have them. I just spent $100 on that little thing and i wan't to keep it unless something happens, so what is the chance of it blowing my motor up. :)

well I would think the chances are slim but you would almost never need to wind the motor up that high unless your bike was heavily modded.

You are not going to get valve float, if you get valve float with a rev box i guess im screwed big time, i run the rev box on my motor and havnt had any problems. Ive had it on there since a month after i got the bike, which was a month after the 2004 were released so in 03. The stock bike puts out about 11.5 to 12. The engines only claims with ther 175 kit they kit 18hp but with BBR they claim with there big bore kit, cam, pipe, filter, and jetted they get 18. So thats a 175cc. I wonder what 203cc puts out. Im betting about 25hp. Man i want to put my bike on a dyno so bad.

go ahead, scream ur engine over 9,800, that will cause ur valves to float. (smack the top...duh) that can be very nasty :)

as for his orig. question i'm think'n any where from 10-12 hp. I dont know, i have a 230.

Float is not contact with the piston. Float is when the revs are high enough and the valve springs weak enough that the valve never closes fully, or closes for a shorter period of time than the cam grind dictates.

I have had the rev box in my wifes 230 for many months. Everyone who rides it wrings that poor warmed over XR200 to the limter, it probably has 100 hours on it. Nothing breaks, no drama.

Float is not contact with the piston. Float is when the revs are high enough and the valve springs weak enough that the valve never closes fully, or closes for a shorter period of time than the cam grind dictates.

I have had the rev box in my wifes 230 for many months. Everyone who rides it wrings that poor warmed over XR200 to the limter, it probably has 100 hours on it. Nothing breaks, no drama.

dont bother explaining. He's a kid, he's right, he knows it all :):)

Ya, I think he is a moron. There are plenty of dyno graphs out there that show the "stone stock" crf150 puts out about 11.5 hp