Sign in to follow this  

Conditions in OCOTILLO WELLS

I was thinking about heading out there tomorrow and was wondering if anyone had been out there today and what sort of conditions you may have had to deal with. Thanks :)

we were out at superstition yesterday and attempted the ride along the pole line into ocotillo wells. it was nearly impassable. i think it would have taken 10 hours to go the 30miles. all the rest of superstition was excellent though. so much traction..... :)

Ther was serious mud and alot of puddles but some areas are fine.It was raining when we left Mon morn.I saw some extreme mud riders. :)

The pole line is passable to the north at the wash out, the south west side of hwy 78 is pretty decent if you staw away from the low areas. the desert is prime riding. Next weekend if not raining will be awsome, just be careful of washouts at every possible corner. If anymore info needed let me know I have family that lives out there :)

Don't cut across the area West of the Superstitions and S of Ocotillo. There are some seriously gnarly wash sections. One of the trails is closed. My friend and I rode through there on Sunday and it was some of the deepest/stickiest mud I've been in. Our plan was to ride from Ocotillo to the Salton Sea using a map and GPS. The rode running NNW along the light rail tracks from Ocotillo to the highway was mud hell, so we tried to cut NE. It was a bad move. Fun ride, but I think my bike weighted 350 lbs at the end.