Sign in to follow this  

2005 CRF450r prices?

I wanted to get some opinions /feedback. Local dealer here in IL wants $6500 out the door. He claims that Honda had a price increase across the board on all units. Specifically the CRF450 went up $200. Is $6500 in the ballpark?

I wanted to get some opinions /feedback. Local dealer here in IL wants $6500 out the door. He claims that Honda had a price increase across the board on all units. Specifically the CRF450 went up $200. Is $6500 in the ballpark?

Yep, correct. As of Feb. 1st of this year, Honda increased prices on ALL everything. We are helping customers purchase 2005 CRF450Rs for $6899 plust TTL and Freight/Assembly. The 450Xs are going for $7199 plus +++. Good Luck!

Yep, correct. As of Feb. 1st of this year, Honda increased prices on ALL everything. We are helping customers purchase 2005 CRF450Rs for $6899 plust TTL and Freight/Assembly. The 450Xs are going for $7199 plus +++. Good Luck!

Explain how your helping customers? Is that a joke or something? :)

Explain how your helping customers? Is that a joke or something? :)

No, I'm not joking...They are the Hottest four strokes on the market and they are in high demand. Believe it or not, there are people in this world that don't think profit is a dirty word. And they are not afraid to spend some money. :)

I bought an 05 last weekend 2 hours east of Chicago for 6100 OTD. It was my first time in the dealership, and I was out the door with my bike in 30 minutes with a free pair of Ancra's. That's my idea of helping a customer.

I bought an 05 last weekend 2 hours east of Chicago for 6100 OTD. It was my first time in the dealership, and I was out the door with my bike in 30 minutes with a free pair of Ancra's. That's my idea of helping a customer.

$6100 OTD? I'll have to call BS:applause: FYI; OTD includes sales tax, reg., and licensing. So when you got your bike home, what was the final amount you paid, all said and done?

They must have been starving to make a deal. :)

I'm aware of the definition of OTD, which is why I said it. They gave me the 6899 + this, that and whatever else you say. But they advertised on Cycletrader.com, $6050. When I told the salesnewb what I saw, he promptly got his manager, and he gave me the price 6100 out the door. No BS, I paid MSRP on my 03, and I'll never do it again. There are dealerships that like to give DEALS on CRFs.

I'm aware of the definition of OTD, which is why I said it. They gave me the 6899 + this, that and whatever else you say. But they advertised on Cycletrader.com, $6050. When I told the salesnewb what I saw, he promptly got his manager, and he gave me the price 6100 out the door. No BS, I paid MSRP on my 03, and I'll never do it again. There are dealerships that like to give DEALS on CRFs.

So what was the final price including all applicable fees?

6100, Out the flipping door. :)

Great! Post your invoice...Because I'm calling BS...Why would a dealer sell a 2005 CRF450R for approx. $50-100 over invoice???

OTD is an acronym for:

Meaning Category

Contadora, Panama Regional->Airport Codes

Observed Time Differ Business->General

On The Day Governmental->Military

On The Docket Community->Media

Community->Law

On Time Delivery Governmental->Transportation

Business->General

Operational Test Director Governmental->NASA

Governmental->Military

Governmental->US Government

Optical Technology Division Business->General

Out The Door Community->Educational

OTD is an acronym for:

Meaning Category

Contadora, Panama Regional->Airport Codes

Observed Time Differ Business->General

On The Day Governmental->Military

On The Docket Community->Media

Community->Law

On Time Delivery Governmental->Transportation

Business->General

Operational Test Director Governmental->NASA

Governmental->Military

Governmental->US Government

Optical Technology Division Business->General

Out The Door Community->Educational

:):)

Thanks for the info. I'll shop their price when I get to work on Monday. So how much was your sales tax, reg. and lic. in Michigan?

I bought it out of state, so I don't need to pay sales tax. I don't ride it on the road, so i don't need to register and license it.

I bought it out of state, so I don't need to pay sales tax. I don't ride it on the road, so i don't need to register and license it.

Wow! Lucky you...Here in Utah, anything purchased out of state is registered for an Off Highway License. So we have to pay sales tax as well. Then we pay a yearly property tax. SUCKS!!

So I must apologize about my comments above. I guess states are different around the US when it comes to fees. Anyways, you got a great price.

:) Still would like to see your bill of sale.