Sign in to follow this  

150 vs 250

I'm racing my crf 150 against in the 125 class so would it have a chance againced the crf 250.

by the time you get to the first turn, the 250f's will be on their last lap. unless you got skills, you dont stand a chance in the 125 class

I'm racing my crf 150 against in the 125 class so would it have a chance againced the crf 250.

Sure... so long as they all go down and stay down.

If the 150 had no chance why would it be put in that class. According to the info i got i should just not show up at the race. :)

there is no such thing as a 4 stroke class or minibike class or anything in Canada :)

It sounds like you're serious... don't skip the race, but don't expect the 150 to be a match for the 250. I don't have a clue why they would let you run w/ the 250f. :)

LMAO! :):p

No chance a trail 150 that outweighs the 250f and is built for durability and not performance outdo a crf250r :):D

that's the funniest thing i've heard all day!

umm by 125 do u maybe mean ttr 125s and under??

i uno dude, a bike with 11 hp or so against 30 ish may have a little trouble

Well, there is one thing you could add to your CRF150 to make it competitive with the CRF250R's............ Bubba :) .

Thanks for the support, I feel much better now that i no I have no chance and will be horrible.

hey you asked.

the 150 has TRAIL suspension. it wouldnt hold up very well after a ton of racing. its also 100cc smaller, air cooled, and not modded for racing on the track.

no the bike is not fast and doesn't have good enough suspension to race a 250f, if YOU are good enough you can race them, but the best thing to do if there's not 150f and under class is to see if you can race in the 85 class, I did last season and geared my bike lower and did a little work to it and I could actually out-accelerate a CR80 out of corners for a little while and if you can maintain momentum then you can do good, as long as you don't hit too many big jumps with a hard landing, it can take it if you maintain the bike good...good luck!

by the time you get to the first turn, the 250f's will be on their last lap. unless you got skills, you dont stand a chance in the 125 class

:):o:):p:D:D

Thanks for the support, I feel much better now that i no I have no chance and will be horrible.

I think you'll stand a chance in the right class so long as you can ride, but running your 150 against the CRF250s is like me run'n w/ pros - it just ain't gonna happen. I see 150s w/ the 80s (2-strokes) all the time.

If you are talking about motocrossing, you should just get an 85cc 2 stroke or get the 250 four stroke and stay with the 125 class. The 150 just doesn't have the suspension for jumping much. If you are talking about cross country riding, they usually offer a 0-200 cc class that your bike would do pretty well in. Good luck whatever you do, but I can't think of any category where the 150 would be better than a 250 four st.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Kadensmith44
      I’m wanting to powder coat my bike but it’s all new to me. I’ve got a powder coater picked out that I’ve heard is good for what I’m doing. I’m not 100% what kind of sand blaster I need and what kind of media. I have also heard you can’t cook in the oven after you’ve baked your parts is that true?
    • By luke8500
      Hi all, 
      I have a 2004 honda crf250r and it wont start hot at all. The motor was just rebuilt with a new cylinder and piston. The valves were just adjusted. It will start cold in 1 or 2 kicks with choke but as soon as it gets hot it wont start. If you bump start it the motor will just turn over without starting.  sometimes it will start. It runs great until you shut it off.  im thinking its either a fuel issue or an electrical issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 
    • By SandSoldier
      Hello! This listing is for my 2007 Honda CRF250R dirt bike. Last winter I spun the rod bearing and just recently finished rebuilding it. Selling to fund new bike. I am currently the second owner.

Current registration valid until 2020, pink slip in hand.

Fresh parts:
      -top end kit: Wiseco; forged, moly skirt coated, 12.9:1 comp ratio (new wrist pin, gaskets, etc)
      -cylinder: new OEM
      -bottom end kit: Wiseco; (new bearings, seals, etc)
      -oil pump: new OEM
      -head studs & nuts: new OEM

-fresh oil and filter
      -all tolerances checked in top end
      -valves adjusted
      -carb adjusted

Note:
      *rebuild was done by my dad (master tech at CAT) and I (4th year mechanical engineering student)
      *has maybe 15 minutes on new parts, IT HAS NOT BEEN PROPERLY BROKEN IN YET
      *I have email receipts, pics of rebuild, and old parts as proof of rebuild, just ask and I'll show em off

Other parts:
      -90% tread on front and rear tires
      -excell takasago front wheel
      -custom aluminum skid plate
      -wrap around hand guards
      -spark arrestor
      -kickstand

Feel free to ask for any more specifics or pictures!

LOCAL PICK UP ONLY

Thanks!
    • By Matt Ray
      Okay so the title is a little vague. 
      So it was having trouble idling and even starting when I first bought it about a month ago for $2k. 
      So I did a rough clean of carb, looked up on YouTube, Forums, Etc on how to do it. I only cleaned jets with carb cleaner and sprayed around the float bowl area and such, so not too extensive.
      Did that and I took it out to a park, It would start up right away mostly, few kicks sometimes, but when I got it started, I had to keep the choke on. Right when I was ready to go fast and go up to 3rd and 4th gear I'd switch it off and it would work fine and sound fine and everything, but when I slowed back down and coasted around 1st gear i'd pop it back out again because it sounded like it was going to do. I have some videos if people would like me to link to them.

So after that I decided to take it apart and replace spark plug with OEM NGK R0409B-8, replace main jet from a old 170 to a new 170, replaced pilot jet from a old 40 to a new 42, and kept starter jet the same just made sure that wasn't clogged, ordered a new adjustable fuel screw and used that.
      and it was still having a little bit of problems! I just started up today and the day before today. It would run only with choke on, if i twisted throttle in neutral it sounded pretty good, no gun shot noises or anything, pretty smooth. 
      If I tried to take choke off it would die immediately. So I started it back up again, took around 6 kicks.. So again with choke on it sounded like it was starting to lose power and RPM's would drop so I'd twist throttle a few times and it would stay idling.. then after a small amount of time, start to sound like its about to die again... so I would rev it up again, and repeat..

Fuel line isn't clogged, flows fine.
      I tried fuel screw everywhere between 1 and 2 turns out..
      I checked valve clearances, and I'm no expert but from the videos I watched the slipped underneath intake and exhaust with only minor force.
      So I'm lost.. 
      Maybe float bowl is messed up? Should I just do a COMPLETE carb rebuild from videos I've seen on youtube, like this one -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AXb9UprT30? Or what? 

It's getting annoying taking it apart all the time, I jsut want it to start up quickly and run well!!

Thank you!

Austin, TX, Elevation 600ft, where I ride its around 900ft

• By Bryan Bosch
      WASHINGTON, D.C. – August 16, 2018 – (Motor Sports Newswire) –

Honda Recall Summary:
      Name of product: CRF250R Off-Road Motorcycles Hazard: The clutch outer can break, posing crash and injury hazards. Remedy: Repair Recall date: August 16, 2018 Units: About 3,200
      Consumer Contact: American Honda toll-free at 866-784-1870 from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. PT Monday through Friday or online at http://powersports.honda.com/ and click on “Recall Information” at the bottom of the page for more information.
      Honda Recall Details:
      Description: This recall involves all 2018 Model Year CRF250R off-road motorcycles. The recalled motorcycles were sold in a red color. The names “HONDA” and “CRF250R” are printed on the sides of the motorcycle. The model name and model year are printed on a name plate label located at the front right top of the frame, near the steering head.
      Remedy: Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled off-road motorcycles and contact their local authorized Honda Powersports dealer to schedule an appointment for a free repair. Honda is contacting all known purchasers directly.
      Incidents/Injuries: American Honda has received 19 reports of clutch failure, including two that led to engine lock up. No crashes or injuries reported.
      Sold At: Authorized Honda Powersports dealers nationwide from November 2017 through July 2018 for about $8,000.
      Manufacturer(s): American Honda Motor Company Inc., of Torrance, Calif. Manufactured In: Japan Recall number: 18-759 This recall was conducted, voluntarily by the company, under CPSC’s Fast Track Recall process. Fast Track recalls are initiated by firms, who commit to work with CPSC to quickly announce the recall and remedy to protect consumers.
      The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission is charged with protecting the public from unreasonable risks of injury or death associated with the use of thousands of types of consumer products under the agency’s jurisdiction. Deaths, injuries, and property damage from consumer product incidents cost the nation more than $1 trillion annually. CPSC is committed to protecting consumers and families from products that pose a fire, electrical, chemical or mechanical hazard. CPSC’s work to help ensure the safety of consumer products – such as toys, cribs, power tools, cigarette lighters and household chemicals -– contributed to a decline in the rate of deaths and injuries associated with consumer products over the past 40 years.
      Federal law bars any person from selling products subject to a publicly-announced voluntary recall by a manufacturer or a mandatory recall ordered by the Commission.
      Source: Consumer Product Safety Commission