Sign in to follow this  

Michelin Starcross MS3's

I just ordered a new set of the Michelin Starcross MS 3 tires for my 250F. Was looking for a good diverse tire for sand, mud, soft, and some hard pack terrain.

Is anyone else running them, and what do you think?

In sandy type soil I always run dunlop 773's they seem to hook up good, and grab holeshots, but do not last long once you get into a packed surface.

Have been running ms3 sins they came on the market , excellent grip in starts and corners , when you turn them the side knobs brakes easy, we ride on a heavy soft sand track, use them on h-berg-550 and rmz-250.

The Michelin Starcross tires seem to have the knobbies break off easily on the sides. Especially noticeable in rocky areas. Much worse than Dunlop 756's. They are really stiff to work with especially like on an 85cc bike. Takes 2 people to get the valve stem installed if just working with 1 side of the tire off the rim when changing a tube. :)

the knobies break easily because they are very soft rubber and made only to work in sandy soils, all sand tires have stiff side walls and are impossible to get on.

That's good info. to know. Alot of the local riders here just rave about them on how well they hook up in the soft stuff. i just didn't know how durable they were.

I was between ordering the MS3's front and rear v.s. running an S12 on the rear and a M12 on the front. I wanted to give the michelins a try since everyone here is talking them up so much.