Sign in to follow this  

hp on xr 200

I dont know exactly how much horsepower an XR200 has, I heard a CRF150 has 11.5 (bbr motorsports says so). But Im assuming the 200 would be faster, because it has more displacement, and there arent any big changes in technology in those engines, both two valves, air cooled, etc.

i think that the xr would have more h.p., but it wouldnt be a drastic amount. yes, you could beat someone on an xr, and they could beat you. it's all rider skill

We've got an 87 Xr200, the service manual for this bike states 17.3 HP. It's a six speed and the gears 1-4 are low and very close which means lots of shifting. This old bike runs good but it's not very fast. You could beat it.

:)

The CRF 230 has only 16.5hp so how could the 200 have that much? :)

The HP figure depends on where the reading was taken. At the engine or the rear wheel. I'm betting that the CRF230 figure was taken at the rear wheel, that's why it appears the XR200 has more HP.

Also, all things being equal, the 200 will trash the 150. Any other thoughts about this make NO SENSE. Fifty cc's are 50 cc's. That's 25% more engine.

Yeah I heard the 200 made around 16-17 hp. The 200 is bigger, but probably faster, I mean isn't the 150 motor based on just about the same motor. Just depends on the rider, could go either way, isn't the 150 a bit lighter?

The CRF 230 has only 16.5hp so how could the 200 have that much? :)

My Mistake...I could have sworn it was 17.3.....but I just checked the manual again and it states 19.0HP at 9,000RPM. This is on an 87 XR200. 10.0:1 compression, 2 valve motor. I have no idea if this is at the output shaft or the rear wheel, my guess is at the output shaft.

The part I don't believe is this ol turd could ever turn 9,000RPM. A few trips to 9K and it would surely grenade.

:)

I flattrack An xr200 in A 200 4-stroke class and there is A rider in my class that rides an 04 crf150.He is A good rider but he always finishes at least A half lap behind everybody.The 200 has 50 more cc's and the two bikes weigh the same.The stock weight of an xr200 is 217 lbs and the stock weight of the crf150 is 216 lbs.not much of A weight advantage!

I decent rider on a CRF150 could beat a XR200, mainly because it has much better ergos, BUT a XR200 motor against CRF150 motor in similar frames, the XR200 motor waxes the 150 motor, even a 170cc BBR motor. On the Uphill at Glen Helen last year I pulled every bike by at least 5 bike lengths. The only problem was they all passed me back on the downhill on the other side. Pretty much a better rider will win no matter what motor you have. I find that out every time I ride.

That sounds like a sweet bike axually, so what are the chances of me finding an xr 200 motor so i can put it in my 150. :)

cfr, you should try one of those chinamanmade lifan 200's, they are fairly cheap although the peopld selling them seem to be kinda shady.........anyway why would you want to give up that e-start on your 150?? or does it not have it??

i have a 1990 xr 200 it has a supertrap muffler k&n air filter and i drag raced a cr 125 and beat it the race was only 100 ft long

wow, you must be a pretty good rider. why didn't you mention the fact that the cr's engine was turned off, or the rider was half asleep?

Any other thread somebody would have posted the dyno test of the bikes in question. I think you guys numbers mite be a little high. Just my opinion in a public post.