Sign in to follow this  

PC pro seal

I am going to install one in my 05 airbox. I noticed that there will be some hanging off the lip that will have nothing to stick to. Any tricks with this?

Should I trim it? Don't want to have any garbage sticking to it. Thanks. :)

Hey Mike!

I put a Pro-Seal on my '04 last year and I don't think our airboxes are any different. I just made sure the airbox surface was clean and free of any oil and then installed my seal. I haven't had any problems with dirt getting in the air boot.

I guess I'm saying that it might not be much to worry about.

don't worry about the overhang, mine hangs over as well, it don't bother me. sure some dirt will stick to it but it aint gonna get in the boot if you got a good seal, and with the PC seal you got an even better seal.

Hey, I need to resurrect this post to ask a question.. I may install my pro seal this weekend. Any issues or things to look out for when using the stock filter? My plan is the simply clean all the grease off of it, re-oil and re-install on top of the pro-seal.

-Mike

It's easy to ut on. I didn't like how it wouldn't seal flat against the little squares for the airboot to screw into so I made small slits in the PC so that it would lay flat and not collect sand. You will see what I mean when you put it on. I am crazy though. Stick it on and go. :)

one thing.. you can't just wipe off the grease and stick it.. You gotta clean it real good with contact cleaner or carb cleaner.. There should have been alittle test piece to make sure it will stick.. Gotta be very clean, oil and grease are hard to get off even if it looks clean

Yeah, I plan to remove the airbox and clean it really well. I'll also be cutting the top of the airbox while I have it out. I going to completely clean the filter in No-Toil or some other foam air cleaner to get all that grease off. Thanks for the replies..

-Mike

DO NOT use Notoil filter cleaner on anything but Notoil oil !

If you do,instead of a clean filter all you will get is a big oily,goopy mess.

The Notoil cleaner is a special formula for their bidegradeable oil.It will not break down regular filter oil.

DO NOT use Notoil filter cleaner on anything but Notoil oil !

If you do,instead of a clean filter all you will get is a big oily,goopy mess.

The Notoil cleaner is a special formula for their bidegradeable oil.It will not break down regular filter oil.

Ouch.. thanks for the warning.. Any recommendations on what to use for cleaning the stock filter?

-Mike

Use PJ1 filter cleaner or similar to clean it real good. Let it dry. Then wash it again with a gentle dish soap to get any residual PJ1 out of the filter and then let it dry. After that use the No-Toil :)