Sign in to follow this  

Butt Ugly Handguards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got a new bike in october, my KX100, and a week or so before i got it I ordered handguards an dbark busters for my old XR100. So now Im stuck with bright red handguards and a Kawasaki. I put them on cause I need em. Im plannin on spray painting them, or painting them somehow. Does anyone know how you can paint plastic, and what works well?......And no, the dealer wont take them back.

buy aspray can of plastis prep, I don't remember who makes it. It cleans andpreps the plastic for painting. Buy paint made for plastic.

I don't know how it works on red but RIT dye works well on white plastic. Buy it at Walgreens , it's clothing dye. Follow directions and put your hand guards in and they should come out black.

I want to be able to paint them green, like my bike. And the dealer wouldn't take them back because I had lost them at my house, then found them and took them back months after I had bought them. It was pretty much my fault.

I would sell them. Those things get so scraped up. I would think any paint would scratch off. Put them up on TT and get ourself some green, black or white. Moose makes a mini barkbuster that looks sick with the smaller cycra offroad plastic guards. I put the on my KX and loved them.

Krylon Fusion works well. Like said before you can get it at wal-mart. no need for prep just spray a few coats then spray on a few krylon clear coats.