Sign in to follow this  

Alberta Riders

Hello everyone i just moved from BC to Alberta for an electrician apprenticeship. I live in medicine hat and wanted to know where the tracks are and where to ride. I ride 125 intermeidatte and will probly be moving to pro and i need somewhere to practice. Thank. Maybe we can meet up and go for a ride. Cheers

I used to live in "The Hat". Great place to live with one of the lowest cost of living in Canada. Anyway, there is the Medicine Hat Motorcycle club and they have a track just North of the airport. It is pretty good and also runs along the river banks. There is some riding just off the track near the river and there is some fairly steep sections with lots of loose sand. It's a hoot. My wife thinks "it's a hoot is dumb, she wants to say, "It's gnarly man" :)

I moved from there, and yes there is a track, BUT the city shut it down, due to Liability reasons ( and ahole grassland naturalists)... the closest track is now Brooks. anyone who is riding the track/ riverhills are sneaking in and could face a fine. If you want to find out about the current situation of the Motorcycle club, call Greg at Cycle path......odds are he wont have any good news. The riding in that area was excellent, the hillclimbing is worth sneaking into. But when spring comes the city will crack down and fine your AZZ

PS.. that is one of the big reasons I left/

Like my old bud Spud says the riding used to be great here till they shut the motocross track down.Great hill climbs,good moto track and lots of single track river hill riding.

We were riding at the old track(against the best wishes of city hall) till several guys got $500 fines,some guys are still sneaking on but that pretty much shut it down for me!!!

Depending on who ya know there are riding areas on grazing leases and private land but it's hard to get guys to give up there honey holes.

Brooks is the closest track still,close to an hour drive away.

My only suggestion would be to head to the bike shops here in the Hat and ask some questions,they may point ya to some other motocrossers from the area,some do have private property tracks they may let ya use.

Drop me a line if ya have any questions.

:)

OK Im comming down, riding this saturday in the forbiden place???????????? I will try to find a red thing with wheels in my garage. North see if the ol lady will let go of them balzzzzz for the day.

Canada is gorgeous, super nice people to.

Doug

You just made me blush :)

Yo Spud ya sure ya know how to start that thing still???

If I had your cash I'd go buy some land and build my own track!! :)

By the way the old balzzzz don't seem to getting any hugging lately anyway! :)

Yo Spud ya sure ya know how to start that thing still???

If I had your cash I'd go buy some land and build my own track!! :)

By the way the old balzzzz don't seem to getting any hugging lately anyway! :)

UUUUUMMMMMMM I aint hugging them..........

but i will load up the redpig, I guess and aim for saturday ride.....sandypoint? hays? or the city golf course maybe?