Sign in to follow this  

CRF 250X upgrades

I ride a 2004 250X. I removed all the cali smog devices,opened up the airbox,installed a twin air filter and jetted-it appropiately. My next mod is the exhaust. I'm leaning towards the DR.D. set-up. I'd like some feedback from other riders on what they have tried/liked. I ride NO.CAL hare scrambles and tight trail rides. I like the weight of the FMF Ti "Q", and have read good things about Pro-Circuit as well.Any jetting specs per pipe would be appreciated. Also, I was thinking about snipping the pink wire, but after reading some stories, don't know if it is worth it.My other question is stabilizers? I've narrowed my search to the 2.0 GPR or the Scotts.What do you guys think. :)

Keep the stock pipe and keep QUIET. Unless you are a AA rider, the little extra power to be gained with a pipe won't help you do anything but make more noise. I believe more power could be had with a different cam if you really think you need it. OK, now I can get off my soapbox and go to bed.

I have the GPR stabilizer and love it. I have never tried the CRF without a stabilizer, so I don't know how much it needs it. Nonetheless, stabilizer are for more than just head shake.

Before this, I had an RTT stabilizer (damper integrated into the triple clamp) on a KTM - I loved it.

Anyway, the GPR is a great damper too (they're all great - Scotts, although I'm not a big fan of the WER). It's very useful for high speed sections. I like to think of it as 'wearing your seatbelt' on high speed sections. I don't have to worry about headshake. When I go fast on rough terrain, that happens to me and it freaks me out.

Hey thanks for the input.

My mechanic talked me in to an Emig Racing clamp,stabilizer combo.

I'll post after I try it out. The bike feels good as is, but the extra confidence will be nice and if it keeps me from taking a huge digger that will be enough to justify the extra work.He's also got a titanium Q muffler that he's going to jet to a power-now valve. rode 60 miles yesterday and just love this bike :)