Sign in to follow this  

RC & Seb on RMZ for outdoors. Stand by!

Carmichael and Tortelli. Those two guys will make a strong package for Suzuki this year in the outdoors. I've been waiting for Tortelli to remain uninjured long enough to reveal his speed again. If he keeps the rubber side down until the outdoors, Suzuki will have a strong team for sure. Should be fun to watch. RC's abilities are brutally apparent. However, Seb can show amazing speed, too, IF he can stay on the bike for a while. That would be a great first season for the RMZ450. I'd like to see it happen, even though I ride red.

RC just got caught in the last lap tonight by Reed..Heck of a race...RC and Seb will be a blast to watch for sure outdoors. I have to wonder how RC would be doing on the 450 instead of the 250 to this point. Windham does great on the CFR, he's just not quite as fast as RC or Reed. Dont think its the bike so much as the riders. Seb has had lots of top 10's and is consistant but I dont see the speed at the beginning of the race from him. He starts out at the end of the 1st lap in 11th or so and ends up 6th or 7th by the end. I think he will do better outdoors.

Reed caught up to RC? Wow. I guess I'll learn more about that as the reports come out.

Yeah, Seb is stronger outdoors. He's expected to do much better there because that's his forte'. Still, he's not doing too bad at Supercross, for as long as he's been out.

I listened to the race. RC crashed/made a mistake in his 1st moto. Had to ride the 2nd moto and won it. RC's bike for the first time all year was not taking the whoops all that well. The boneheads calling the race kept saying something about his bike squirting around on the whoops. Thats where Reed was making time each lap. RC said this will motivate him to work harder for Atlanta. RC actually crashed on the last lap, lost by 24 seconds and still had a huge lead over 3rd place.

I hope Seb can podium that thing before SX is over, closest he came was 4th in race one, the mud race...I bet Seb has plenty of podiums in the outdoor series.

I think RC broke his steering head in his heat race, they had to repair it before his semi race. From what people have been saying RC was having problems in the woops all night. The woops are usually his strong point, Maybe he got a bad frame and that was effecting the balance of the bike. Its good to see CR get the win! Just for the Drama!! 5 wins in a row was starting to get boring, but now he can start another streak....

This brings up a point I've been asking about for years. Why don't the teams have a second bike for their top riders?

I talked to one of the Honda managers a few years ago about this. I told him that, if a bike broke to a stupid degree, a backup bike could be put into play and the broken one fixed at the team's leisure. This would prevent mechanics from jumping through their as$es to get a bike fixed before the next moto. Of course the two bikes would need to be kept as identical as possible, for maximum compatibility. Whatever you do to one bike, you do to the other.

How stressful is it on the rider and mechanic, when a bike is broken during a heated championship battle, and everything rides on the mechanic being able to make ALL the right moves in a rush between heats? Wouldn't the rider be in a better mental state if he KNEW he had a bike ready for the next race?

The Honda manager's response was simple. "We can fix anything that could be wrong within the allotted time."

I just think in terms of absolute success. I guess it's a trait learned from special operations in the military. We had a saying about that. "Two is one and one is none." I can't help but wonder what happens if the mechanic doesn't discover an additional part of the problem until it's too late. Something like, you fix the obvious problem, but find another crack later. I don't know. As important as maintenance is on those bikes, and as important as championships are to the teams, it just seems to me like they'd keep 2 bikes....Just in case.

I think RC and Seb will smoke outdoors, what's Bubba gunna ride? Heard they will have a Kawa 450 ready for him.

SAWDADDY - its an AMA rule that whatever bike you start the race with is the bike you have to finish with. Thats y theres bike inspection and they put a sticker on so many specific parts so they can tell if the mechanics changed anything there not supposed to or not. its just the way it is. hope that helps. good question though. :)

it would not be fair for the privateers.. they dont have the luxury of having a complete race bike sitting on a stand for them if something was to go wrong.. The factory boys deserve the equipment there on no doubt but privateers is what makes the race run.