Sign in to follow this  

04 250f pipes...

still cant decide on what pipe to get the dr. d is a good pipe i hear from alot of ppl then today i heard that the procircuit gives more power then the fmf 4 series with powerbomb

and the yoshimura i want to know more about

fill mee in please looking for the best pipe to give some bottom alto of mid and maybe even a little top

The pipe you are looking for is the Dr. D. The Pro Circuit may feel like it has good power, but let me tell you, the dyno hates that pipe. I've seen like three dynos on it and every one has had stock power (none added). The Yoshi and FMF 4 series have great top power, but that is at the cost of some mid and bottom. You can't go wrong with Dr. D. It fits your criteria perfectly.

yea im considering jsut getttin the dr.d he is a yamaha test rider and all so he would make the bike great for yamahas and bc i never heard bad things about them and its a good price not 700$ i just need all around more power was thinking about stepping up a tooth in the back sprocket for a little more bottom i heard that worked good and let the pipe handle the rest

yea im thinking about going with the dr.d does it really make alot of power cause its 1 of the cheapest fuill systems

but if its up to wat ppl say it is im deff leaniing towards that i need more bottom and mid power to add for the track

Let me put it this way, the owner of Dr. D is Doug Dubach, a former factory Yamaha racer and now factory Yamaha test rider. He KNOWS what the YZF's need. Dont be concerned about the low price, feel grateful.

Doug

I certainly don't question the quality or design of the Dr D, but I need something that is going to have a spark arrestor, be quiet enough for public lands, and retain the low end needed for tight technical work.

So far, the only pipe that I've read about that fits those three is the FMF-Q. Everyone seems to dodge the noise issue when Dr D is discussed.

So whassup guys... sounds like an awesome pipe, but does it meet 96db?

DR.D has a sparkarrestor insert as well as a quiet insert that will beat 96db. check out their website.

Ya... I was looking at that.

Now I'm wondering if the pipe with the quiet insert is worth over $200 more than the "Q" :)

Anybody have any comparative dyno charts?

Personally I think the fit/finish is much better on DR.D...that said only through checking the DR.D out when it was already installed on someone else's scoot. FMF does BUNCHES of R&D with Blue Ribbon coalition and the Forestry service that has a positive influence on our sport :) , I don't think you could go wrong with either setup. WHEN I can get a YZ250F those are the 2 systems I'll be looking into heavily, with a slight performanced based bias to DR.D. Stan. :)

I have had good results with the yoshimura pipe. Awesome topend power with no loss on the bottom.

witch yoshi pipe.

cuz i plan on getting the yoshi tri oval SS comp series fulll system in the spring..

and i need more toppppppp