Here is THE lock for your bike.....

This guarantee covers replacement cost for the bicycle only. It does not cover the costs of accessories .

I don't think this is my lock, sorry.

&%$#@!??? Have you been drinking tonight? What kind of a response was that?

Yeah the manufacturer of the lock will pay up to $3000 if their lock is defeated and your bike is stolen while it is locked to an immovable object, but the point of the message was to show you guys that there are locks available that will definately cause the thief to spend the better part of his day trying to saw this thing off.

don87xr600 obviously doesnt need a lock. BTW if you are suggesting your insurance will replace your bike and everything on it, I suggest you read your policy and they go buy a lock, because they will depreciate your bike, pay off the balance, subtract your deductable and you will still be forking out a ton of money to replace it.

For those of you that feel the need to lock your bike up. This lock is for you!

Here's what I'm using, very similar to yours...

http://www.lockitt.com/chaininfo.htm

don87xr60 - replacing your accessories? Umm, good luck with that.

From lockitt's website:

What is the diameter of the chain? The Magnum Chain is 11mm (7/16") and Super Magnum 12mm (15/32") in diameter.

The chain pictured is 14mm diameter!

&%$#@!??? Have you been drinking tonight? What kind of a response was that?

Yeah the manufacturer of the lock will pay up to $3000 if their lock is defeated and your bike is stolen while it is locked to an immovable object, but the point of the message was to show you guys that there are locks available that will definately cause the thief to spend the better part of his day trying to saw this thing off.

don87xr600 obviously doesnt need a lock. BTW if you are suggesting your insurance will replace your bike and everything on it, I suggest you read your policy and they go buy a lock, because they will depreciate your bike, pay off the balance, subtract your deductable and you will still be forking out a ton of money to replace it.

For those of you that feel the need to lock your bike up. This lock is for you!

The internet is filled with waste of time posts like the one from don87xr600. Don't let it get in the way of good info...

You've convinced me, I'll get one for my bicycle.

OK Ok OK I get it...... don87xr600 thinks Im talking about a bicycle cuase I posted "Lock for your BIKE".

Well this is "mountainbiketalk.com" so I can definately see how he got confused. Sorry. Hey Don, bike is a term used for motorcycle cuase it has two wheels, handlebars etc.

Here Ill rephrase the post so you can understand. "Here is the lock you need for your MOTORCYCLE.

All better now you balloon knot?

BTW I doubt that the thieves are standing in line to steal 1987 XR600

From lockitt's website:

What is the diameter of the chain? The Magnum Chain is 11mm (7/16") and Super Magnum 12mm (15/32") in diameter.

The chain pictured is 14mm diameter!

No worries. That wasn't intended as a "mine is better." Just some additional info. The lockitt website also has other stuff. Take a look at the "taffyknackles" boltdown on their site. I have and use that too.

No worries. That wasn't intended as a "mine is better." Just some additional info. The lockitt website also has other stuff. Take a look at the "taffyknackles" boltdown on their site. I have and use that too.

No I wasn't taking it like that at all! I am still kind of in awe of the BEAST cause I have never seen a chain that big and after viewing the site you provided, it makes me laugh that the beast is truly ridiculously big.

Its funny to whip that out at the track and hand it someone and watch them just about drop it. no one has ever seen one that big.

Cheers! ?

Dude, are you mentally challenged?

Feetupsliding, I'd still not trust that lock to secure your bike. It will slow them down a little but my guess is you'd still be replacing bikes with or without that lock. Years ago, people were using liquid Nitrogen to break the u-locks and I'm sure it would work on that as well. I did forget my key to my u-lock once and a buddy did after that as well. With a carbide tip hacksaw blade, we got through it in less than 5 minutes.

We lock our bikes to my trailer through the front wheels with u-locks, then a disk lock through the disk and lock them all together with a large cable. I have one of the really large diameter kryptonites. The trailer tongue is locked and so is the receiver.

A pencil grinder or any cheap angles grinder will make short work of ANY lock I could cut that chain in less than 5 min. Any where any time. Not that I would But I have to remove doors that are meant to be bomb proof for the navy ,we can remove the door frame in 9000psi concrete in 2 hours. I hate thieves and wish there was a good way to keep bikes safe. IR sensor with good locks could give you enough time to MAYBE catch the jerks! ?

Look guys;

There is absolutely NO way of making your bike theft proof. If they want it bad enough they will get it. You can use any lock in the world and if show up with a gas cutting torch its history. OR maybe I call the local FD and give the old "I lost my keys and gotta get to the race" story and have them use their Hurst tool to cut it.

The point of the post is to let riders now that there are chains and locks available of such size that it will force the crook to go and get that gas torch or try and BS the FD OR keeping looking for the dumbass like me who was just using a "regular size" lock and chain.

As far as locking it to the bed, I am working on a nifty device to accomplish but I will probably end up using the Taffynackle ring posted by skthom2320