Sign in to follow this  

Mxc 450 or Exc 450

Looking to replace my old and tired 520 exc which has been given new life with a new owner. I was the second owner and had both dirt and motard setup.I am now eager to get into a 05 either exc or mxc. I ride in the southeast mostly and want to have the option of dirt and motard setup again. I have not ridden any 05 yet and hope that some real imput from you out there who own these bike could help direct me. I loved my EXC but sometimes wished that I have a quicker handling bike in the tight stuff. So this time I am focusing on the 450.

Thanks for you input.

450 MXC would be a good combo, for the woods you probubly want to run 13x52 gearing although I hear from some that are very content with stock gearing. As an example on your EXC with 14x48 1st gear is a total ratio of 19.18 to 1, 2nd is 14.4 (25% jump is too big!)

An MXC with 13x52 would have 18.42 and 15.35, that 18.42 is workable and the 17% jump is premo

When you did Motard you would probubly put the stock sprockets back on, if I where doing it I would have one chain for each setup, Oring off road and a well lubed (but not drippy) non Oring for Motard