Sign in to follow this  

suspension components of new technology bikes

Guys:

Given that I prefer the reliability and power band of the XR over that of the CRFnnnx or the WRFnnn bikes, I see no reason to purchase one of the newer technology bikes except for their suspension components.

(And I don't need electric start.)

I've briefly ridden the CRF250X: The steering was easy and precise compared to my XR250.

What specifically about the suspension components of the newer bikes makes them perform better? I am including the bike's frame as a suspension component.

Is it the width of the forks or the valving or the spring rates that allow the rider to aggresively attack the whoops and perform the other gymnastics that we put these bikes through? Is it the design and composition of the frame? Is it the valving and spring rates of the shock? The rake?

Need some help in understanding this from some of the TT faithful.

Thanks,

Joe

The xr250 suspension can be improved very easily. The newer bikes suspension flows more oil. That is it! oh and the suspension bushings are new. Try a set of racetech gold valves if you want to update your suspension to be more like the new bikes. Can go wrong with a bike that won't bleed green. Try it out, first thing to go in my new bikes is race tech gold valves with 2 stage valving. Hope to hear how it works out.