05 TE 510 pricing?

I got mine from Dan at MotoXotica in vacaville. PM me if you want the price I paid I can tell you it was reasonable, not a screamer deal but fair .... just a couple hundred below what you are saying. For a hot bike that the dealer needs to get delivered for you and will support you, the full tilt price you talk about is worth it. Dan sold me mine for a bit less then that and I'm very happy..

find a dealer you trust and work out a fair deal then buy the bike. It's worth every bit of that price.

Make sure you tell the dealer up front you want him to install the TE light package no cost. You are buying the TE, not the TC with a box of lights for you to install at home.

M.R. Whats the big secret? Just tell us the price you payed.

I feel it's ...what is the right word..?? inappropriate....bad manners, not respectful of me, husky and my dealer to post my OTD price............really I think I don't post the price deal I made, because the fine points of shaving $100 here or there on a final OTD price is not important, in fact it's counterproductive. You want a Dealer relationship. That is more valuable then shopping price. These bikes are not lined up on the show room floors. My dealer thought it take 4-5 weeks for delivery. he got me one, the 510 which is supposivly harder to get then the 450 and 250 this year - he got me that bike in less the 3 weeks, while the local Suzuki dealer who also sells huskys was telling me - no 510s and we'll have a 450 in march...... ?

Pick your dealer wisely, go visit him, ask him about parts availabilty ask other Husky owners about his reputation for being there for them and chasing down a part that might have been broken by you in a crash. the bike is quality so only by a crash do i expect to be looking for parts...knock on wood hope I don't fall hard anytime soon.

My point is this Find your dealer, spend time with him. Negociation requires time invested and its the supporting relationship you want. then pay the price and be happy. as I said if you added up the MSRP, Ca sales tax, CA registration and a small set up charge......you would be about $200 more then I paid.

I would have paid more and I asked for it to be less, but when the dealer looked me in the eye, I made the deal, paid his price and it has worked out great. he called me a week after I gave him a simple $500.00 deposit and he said the most important words you want to hear "I talked with husky USA and we will have your bike here in about 10 days" ?

!Value ! Value! Value>Glad to hear you understand that Dans a great guy and he has to make money to stay in buisness like us all,Most deales if your a great customer and not a pain in the ass will give you the best deal they can taking into consideration your loyalty and friendship ,sometimes availability with Husky can be a major factor also even for my best customers most of us Husky dealers are real motorcycle shops not WAL MARTS ,we may only get 3 of a model some years Thanks for being a great Husky customer,from another dealers point of view.billf