Sign in to follow this  

How many laps consecutively do you ride for practice

i cannot get more than 4-5 laps at a time on the typical 2-3 minute course, due to exhaustion, getting to sloppy, etc.etc. I am not riding A class, nor do i ever plan on it. so is riding 4-5 laps enough a session? i try to do 3-4 of these during the course of the day. how many should i ride consecutively in practice for a normal 4 lap race

john

03 crf450

250/open 40C

If you are going to race, you must spend time at the GYM!!!!!!!! That will help all the way around. :)

Hmm, Ya, the gym does help but good riding time is best. If you only ever do 4 lap moto's or about 8 min, practice about 6 laps, or about 12 min. Honestly, just keep working at it. Try to do more and more every time, you'll notice how easy 4 laps becomes. Btw, Jogging is the best thing to do off the bike in my opinion. Get heart rate around 170-180 for 25-30 min at least 3 times a week, Thats when you will notice big gains on the track.

if you race c class [novice] 4 or 5 laps is not enuff [if you want to win anyway] you need to run a race pace for atleast 8 laps in practice-I try and do 1/2 hr practice sessions at race speed [i race b class mx]the more laps you can do at speed the better your chances are of catching the guys that holeshot and took off but are now fadding on the last lap-grip your bike with your legs more and try to relax and rest over the jumps and practice alot 2times a week or more-you'll get there,then wait till you move to B class lol- :)

The faster u get the harder it will be to maintain that speed. Nothing beats seat time. Cardio is very important on more levels that u think. Not only can u ride longer but your muscles will also get more oxygen. This can help arm pump a little bit. As you wont be starting to fade. at that point you grip the bike more and get lazy. When i moved to intermediatte last year i was sluggish. Now that im in good shape i do a heck of a lot better. Running is hard on the knees and so is mx. Not a good combo. Try cycling. Thats what i do. Its really good for your knees.

How many? That depends. I try to spend at least 20 minutes at race pace. Sometimes my hands turn to silly putty before then. That's when I know my technique must be off, or I've just been off the bike too long.

My body can hang as long as I want. My hands are what fails me. Like little girl hands sometimes...It's my weak link. If my technique is good, I usually don't even notice. I also figured out that, if I open and close my hands a few times every lap, my hands don't pump up nearly as much, and I can hang at full race pace MUCH longer.