Sign in to follow this  

Rieju SMX 125

Right guys, great site here! :) and i would be grateful if you could answer my questions :p oh and what you all having to drink ?

Right heres the question!

I am soon to be buying a Rieju SMX 125 which has a TTR 125 engine :D and it has 6 and 1/2 thousand miles on it and it has no record of being serviced atall only becuase its a finance reposession bike. So it could have had a service but the dealers dont know because they took the bike but without most of the papers if you gte me. Do you think the bike would be ok? the engoine that is? is it a trust worthy engine ? and what would you recomend i do to get the engine back into tip top form when i buy it?

question 2: does the bike use the same exhause system as the TTR125 as ill be wanting to either take out the baffle or get a full zaust system :) and would i be able to do the same engine mods as you lot can to your TTR's ?

Appreciated guys!

Martin

reliability no worries there was a post on the 150/230 forum where a ttr 125 rider ahdnt changed his oil in 4 years and it still ran but after 6,500 miles i think i would put a new top end in it and check the bottom end if you can get them to ship here are a couple sites

www.powroll.com

www.bbrmotorsports.com

www.xr100.com

thats all i can think of i think that hotcams makes a cam www.hotcaminc.com or

www.hotcamsinc.com

www.megacyclescam.com makes nice cams but not sure for 125 if it is the same engine everything but maybe pipes will fit

why put a new top end in it :S ?

do i really have to as money isnt what i got :) BUt afterall it could have had a service they just dont have the papers to prove it!

the reason for the new top end is after 6500 miles ur piston and rings are probably shot also check the valves and springs there probably not doing to well but see if anything has been replaced in the past 1000 miles if possible

so what piston and rings only last 6500 miles on a TTR 125 engine :S that cant be very reliable then can it ? i dont htink ill buy it now!

in my oppinion 6,500 miles is alot it is dead reliable but there is alot of wear after 6,500 miles if your motor could turn 11,000 rpm then thats 100 combustions per second times that by 6,500 and thats alot of up and downs buy this bike just be cautious and inspect it good because there is alot of miles on that bike in my opinion my dad's 96 4-wheeler gets used every day of the summer and it doesnt even have that many miles im not saying u have to it would just make it dead reliable while making power that you lose from all of those miles imho

in my oppinion 6,500 miles is alot it is dead reliable but there is alot of wear after 6,500 miles if your motor could turn 11,000 rpm then thats 100 combustions per second times that by 6,500 and thats alot of up and downs buy this bike just be cautious and inspect it good because there is alot of miles on that bike in my opinion my dad's 96 4-wheeler gets used every day of the summer and it doesnt even have that many miles im not saying u have to it would just make it dead reliable while making power that you lose from all of those miles imho

TTR's aren't like High Performance four strokes. You changed the oil and clean the air filter and It will run good. If you don't take care of it then 6500 miles is doing it in. Not everyone runs their TTR at 11000RPM either.

ah ok so aslong as i give it a good service and get the engine sorted ie: totally taken apart and checked then itll be as good as new :)