San Diego SX: Best of the year

The 250 main at Qualcomm last night was finally an end to the boring pattern of watching one rider get the hole shot, check out, and take 20 parade laps while we try to find some little race within a race to amuse ourselves with til it's over.

McGrath got the hole shot, but he was passed by Carmichael 3 turns later. Reed sat in 5th, but moved up to second quickly, leaving MC in 3rd. Almost everybody who is anybody spent the next several laps fighting over 4th. Vuillemin, Windham, LaRocco, Voss, Tortelli, and Michael Byrne traded places back and forth too many times to keep track of while Reed kept RC within about 5 seconds reach. The battle for 4th got sorted out more or less about halfway through, and Reed started to close slowly. With 3 laps to go he launched a charge, and started closing more quickly, riding like I've never seen him do. Just when we thought the race wouldn't be long enough, Reed passed RC entering the section of table tops and pulled out a little. RC tried to move on him in the monster whoops, but crashed instead.

Really great ride. You gotta watch! ?

Its about time, I like RC alot and what he can do on a bike is awesome but it kinda gets boring watching him win all the time ? I myself would like to see Larocco up there because he is the old coot keeping up with the young ones, and more of my age.I also think its great that Jeremy got the holeshot ? shows that he can still do it also ? Roost on!

Well, if I'm not mistaken, Reed and RC lapped the field up to third place! ?

When RC fell, he slowly picked up his bike, took a few kicks to start up the bike, then putted to the finish line and STILL finished second. The real story is how RC and Reed LAPPED THE ENTIRE FIELD! ?

That's how fast the 2 of them were going. RC needed to go fast to stay way from Reed. Reed needed go that fast to catch him. Absolutely amazing thing to see in person.

Hopefully, the TV coverage will have shown the fight over positions 3-8 too. That was an absolute free-for-all, and was at least as entertaining as any MX race I can remember seeing for many years. ??

Well, if I'm not mistaken, Reed and RC lapped the field up to third place! ?

When RC fell, he slowly picked up his bike, took a few kicks to start up the bike, then putted to the finish line and STILL finished second. The real story is how RC and Reed LAPPED THE ENTIRE FIELD! ?

Exactly.....THEY LAPPED THE ENTIRE FIELD! Can you imagine how incredible that must feel. If Reed can continue to ride like that and Bubba returns, it will be great to see a situation where three riders could win any event.

i was on the edge of my seat in san diego the 250 main was simply awsome reed was flying through the whoops. he was just as fast in anaheim 3 but had a crappy start he was like 2nd to last after the first turn and still pulled a 2nd in that race. hes on his game now ??:o?:D:D

As you stated, One of the best races in a long time. How about the pass RC did to MC, passing of the tourch they said. The best racing was the 3-8 position. 2,3,5 of them going at it, dukeing it out, I loved it. Rc and Reed made it great at the finish...but after the race was over one thing I really like hearing and seeing. Reed stopped and waited forRC. They slapped hands and Ricky even tapped Reed on the back. THATS what it's about . Hard fought raceing and congratulations to the victor! RC said in the interview.."no excuses" It was a good race and now I have to work harder, something to look forward to next race. I'll be ready". I agree, even at a local track racing is boring if your not mixing it up with others. As a matter of fact I have a Q. Would you rather win 1st place and have no one near you the whole race or get 3rd and be battling the whole time??? I myself would take 3rd and have a great battle....what about you???