Sign in to follow this  

Handlebars

I'd like to replace my stock metal handlebars on my 2004 "S" model w/ a good set of light-weight aluminum aftermarket bars. What brand do "y'all" suggest? And, will they fit the stock clamps, or what mod's do I have to make to put them on? Thanks guys!

Just decide what you want. Same height and pull back, or different. Do you need higher more forward, back, or stock position? Go to a store and look at some, maybe take yours along for comparison. Most 7/8 replacements should fit with no modifications.

I replaced mine with higher Renthal Jimmy Buttons and BigDR risers because I am 6'6" and needed more height for comfort.

What are the pros/cons of the bigger (larger) diameter bars? What parts have to go along w/ the bigger bars and how much $ for the bigger bars? Are Renthal or Protaper better or is it just a matter of taste or liking the "brand". Thanks for the feedback! :)

The protaper Se bars are good,just had my first ride with them yesterday,all I can say is....HELL YA,much better in the tight woods than the stock bars.For 65.00 dollars,what a ride,. Get the protaper SE in CR high bend. :)

I'd like to replace my stock metal handlebars on my 2004 "S" model w/ a good set of light-weight aluminum aftermarket bars. What brand do "y'all" suggest? And, will they fit the stock clamps, or what mod's do I have to make to put them on? Thanks guys!

I have a set of Jimmy Buttons that I liked a lot but switched to ProTapers this winter with a Scotts Damper.

I just send you a PM

Tim