Sign in to follow this  

CR250R or CR250F

I am thinking of gettin either one of these bikes.. but really have not made a good decision yet.. i like how the 2 stroke dont have a lot of maintance like the 250F. and im afraid of wat happened wit my friends KXF250. dropped vavles and lost a load of compression. help me out please!

id say go with the CRF. i ride a 03 CR250 right now but plan to save and buy a 06 CRF250R. the CRF250 is better unless you can use all the power or your a big guy.

Thumper_250F ya thats true, but i wants one to race wit. and one to screw around on and hit jumps as such.

wow :)

you want 2 6000 dollar bikes to play and race with

you can race with your "play" bike mx bike :)

But I am afraid of the vavles in my CRF are going to be screwed up or something like that. I rode my CRF twice do you really need to be changing the oil like every couple of rides? With the CR250R if you blows the top end its nothing to get fixed, cheap and fast to be done. But wit the CRF theres loads of stuff to go wrong. i just cannot decide on which bike. Im a small guy too what can i do to lower the seat hight on the CRF .

between the crf and cr i would have to say the crf is more reliable.

just because the cr is a two-stroke, you are naturally gonna have to work on it more.

Hey I am 5'3" on a good day, I had a 12 mm spacer put in the rear shock and had the proper springs for my weight put in the front and rear and lowered the forks. It works great for me I can lean and hold the bike up now before that there was no way my feet were inches from reaching the ground. I have a CRF250R by the way. Good luck I would go with the four stroke if you need more power look at the 450.