Sign in to follow this  

2 Stroke Question

i was at waterman last weekend and i noticed something with my yz. i rolled up to the gate to practice my starts. my first one wanted to bog out. so i figured my bike wasn't warmed up enough, so i just took off rolling around the track about two times. then came back to the gate again and tried the second time knowing my bike was warm enough, first gear was down..gave it a little gas, then release from the clutch and it wanted to do the same thing again, although it didnt bog out, it just rolled off pretty slow and wanted to die out the more gas i gave it. i did this several times with no change in the start. i even tried starting off in second like i do sometimes depending on the track. still same thing. the bike rode fine other than the starts. i take very good care of this bike. this whole bike is completely modified from the engine to the exterior crap. i've been sick this past week to even get out there and mess with it. i don't know if i would say its the plug or not.

anyone else had a problem like this, any suggestions?

**EDIT**

For Christ sake this is the second time in a day this has happened!! Look noob, this is OT actually asking a legitimate motorcycle question in here just don’t cut it!! What is this place coming to?

Seriously if you want a real answer try this in the General forum and I’d start with the plug or the ignition may have gotten wet.

-jlpskydive

thanks. took your suggestion and moved to this thread. and to add, i know for sure the ignition was not wet at all. i haven't had the chance to check the plug like i said. my only thought would be the plug. but just wondering if there is any other faulty problems that could cause this?

change the plug, if its been sittin out in the cold, its a good idea to clean out the gummy crap that can get in the carb.theres reall a lot of things that could be happening