Sign in to follow this  

Picture of Garmin Legend showing speed

I'm leaning towards getting a Garmin Legend for my DRZ. It'd be nice (but not really necessary) if it could double as a speedometer. The local sporting goods store had one but no batteries so I couldn't power it up and have a look. Could someone post a picture of one with the speed display? Can you zoom in on the speed or is it one piece of a display showing other functions?

I have a Garmin Legend C, and it does speedo work nicely. You can configure the display to show lots of small windows or several large windows. Each window regardless is selectable for whatever func you want. I dont have the unit handy at the moment or Id photo. Its so intuitive, you dont even need instructions! For bike work I set it for 3 windows, speedo/odo/time.

I agree. I use mine for a speedo while I'm on the highway as well. Easily readable. I use a RAM mount and it's easy to see.

Here is a picture of my Vista (same screen as Legend) showing the trip computer in the large mode.

garminspeed.jpg

Go to this site for some other screenshots: GPS Info .net

Hope this helps. Mine works great for viewing speed on the bike.

Thanks, Woodbutcher. That's exactly what I was looking for. I ordered the Legend this morning. I figure for $130 is was a good way to find out if a GPS is something I'll find useful. I can always give it to my kids if I decide to upgrade later.